× Members

Permitted Work overpayment

More
8 years 6 months ago #143331 by metrorider
Permitted Work overpayment was created by metrorider
What happens if you earn over the upper earnings limit one week by 80 pounds? This was a complete mistake as I was hoping to see if I could manage a job as I thought I wouldn't pass the ESA assessment.. I asked not to be paid but they paid me anyhow. I have now been placed into the Support Group for 12 months.

How do I get myself out of this mess without jeopardising my benefits and being accused of any fraud?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143338 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Permitted Work overpayment

metrorider wrote: What happens if you earn over the upper earnings limit one week by 80 pounds? This was a complete mistake as I was hoping to see if I could manage a job as I thought I wouldn't pass the ESA assessment.. I asked not to be paid but they paid me anyhow. I have now been placed into the Support Group for 12 months.

How do I get myself out of this mess without jeopardising my benefits and being accused of any fraud?

Thanks

Exceeding the earnings limit or the maximum hours will mean that you are treated as being in remunerative work and it will be up to a Decision Maker to decide how to progress the matter, if your lucky they simply won't pay you, but they can remove your Limited Capability for Work status which can result in your claim being closed.

You say that you have contacted them, was this in writing? If not then you need to do so, preferably using a tracked post so that you have proof that you did so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: metrorider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.