× Members

Dla change of circumstances

• Ciara12
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #143413 by Ciara12
Dla change of circumstances was created by Ciara12
Hi All,

Hoping you can help, my dla was reduced in March from middle rate care to low rate care. I felt I was entitled to more but did not appeal it. My care needs have increased and I have asked for a change of circumstances. I have the following medical issues,
Seronegative polyarthritis
Spondylitis
A tear in disc l4 and l5
Fibromyalgia
Under active thyroid
Low iron
I take many medications and pain killers.
Could anyone please advice as to how to complete the form? Who is the best person to get a personal statement from?

Thanks for reading

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143419 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Dla change of circumstances
Hi

It depends on your circumstances as to who you get to provide supporting evidence.
You can get more than one person to provide support.
If you have a consultant for any of your conditions it is a good idea to get them to do a report even if they only confirm your diagnoses without saying anything about how it affects you.
It can be useful to get a GP report, especially if tou have a good GP who doesn't just dismiss you.
If you get any help with care you could get that person to do a statement of what care they provide and what they do that tou cannot do. This could even be your partner if you have one.
Finally if you have physio or occupational therapy of any kind you could ask any such therapist for a report..
You can also ask to see your medical history and for copies of anything you think may help from your file. Your surgery can charge for this and most if not all do but it is your right to go and see and get anything you want.

When it comes to filling in the form use our guide to filling in the form and work through all the questions, thinking how they apply to you and what evidence you can use to support your answers.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by foss27.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143529 by jayjay1963
Replied by jayjay1963 on topic Dla change of circumstances
Hi
I just wanted to add that if you have an OT get them to write fo you, i have a full time carer, part paid for by the state, but when i needed to go up in the carer part i got Adult social services to come out and fill the form's out for me, they are quite happy to do so, if you have there number then give them a call and ask them to come out to help fill in the form's you need doing.
Also get your doctor to write a letter for you as well, (if you have a good one).
I hope this help's a little, any kind of claim is awful these days, they make it so hard!
Take care and i hope you sail through your forms.
Debbi:)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.