× Members

Help pls.. PIP & PIP2?

More
8 years 6 months ago #143431 by leapoffaith
Help pls.. PIP & PIP2? was created by leapoffaith
Hi. My career received letter to say dla will stop & need to claim pip by phone by 13th November.. She is unable to do this & nervous even for me to do it with her.. We decided it might be best to make the call & ask for a pip1 to be sent to us.. I called pip line who said this would be fine.. They said it would take a while for the pip1 to arrive & a fortnight for it go back & time would be allowed for this.. I am finding it so hard to help my friend with this & thought th extra time would be welcome.. She has now received a 2nd letter saying all benefits could be stopped if she does not apply by 13th November..
My question is this: does the advice sound accurate? The pip1 can't possibly be returned by 13th so will the claim be classed as started by phone while we wait for pip1 form or does the pip1 form have to back by 13th November? Hope this makes sense.. it is all very complicated..
Best wishes..
From a carer..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143449 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help pls.. PIP & PIP2?

feelingdesperate wrote: Hi. My career received letter to say dla will stop & need to claim pip by phone by 13th November.. She is unable to do this & nervous even for me to do it with her.. We decided it might be best to make the call & ask for a pip1 to be sent to us.. I called pip line who said this would be fine.. They said it would take a while for the pip1 to arrive & a fortnight for it go back & time would be allowed for this.. I am finding it so hard to help my friend with this & thought th extra time would be welcome.. She has now received a 2nd letter saying all benefits could be stopped if she does not apply by 13th November..
My question is this: does the advice sound accurate? The pip1 can't possibly be returned by 13th so will the claim be classed as started by phone while we wait for pip1 form or does the pip1 form have to back by 13th November? Hope this makes sense.. it is all very complicated..
Best wishes..
From a carer..

A PIP claim cannot be started until the DWP have a completed PIP1.

Has she received the PIP1 yet?

You say the PIP1 cannot be returned by 13 November, assuming it is received in time can I ask why not?

If they do not have the PIP1 by the 13th then their DLA payments will be suspended and they will have a further 4 weeks to complete and return the PIP1, if they still do not do so then their DLA claim will be closed, if they do then the outstanding payments will be released and a PIP2 will be sent.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #143468 by leapoffaith
Replied by leapoffaith on topic Help pls.. PIP & PIP2?
Hi Gordon.. Thankyou for reply.. she has only received the notification letter that she needs to apply for pip after being on long term dla.. I'm assuming there is not enough time for them to send us the pip1 form & US send it back by 13th.. I was hoping the required telephone call would count while we wait for the form & that the form would have a later date on it.. also I have read that it takes a long time for the pip1 to get back to them.. do you think it might be safer to try to fill in the form over the phone.. plus will the pip2 then be expected to be returned within a month of the pip1 phone call?.. I just don't understand the timings if you prefer to ask for the form to be sent to you..

More
8 years 6 months ago #143469 by leapoffaith
We have not made the initial call yet & were planning to do so on Friday but am worried now about timings if we wait for a pip1 form to be sent to us..

More
8 years 6 months ago #143471 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help pls.. PIP & PIP2?

feelingdesperate wrote: Hi Gordon.. Thankyou for reply.. she has only received the notification letter that she needs to apply for pip after being on long term dla.. I'm assuming there is not enough time for them to send us the pip1 form & US send it back by 13th.. I was hoping the required telephone call would count while we wait for the form & that the form would have a later date on it.. also I have read that it takes a long time for the pip1 to get back to them.. do you think it might be safer to try to fill in the form over the phone.. plus will the pip2 then be expected to be returned within a month of the pip1 phone call?.. I just don't understand the timings if you prefer to ask for the form to be sent to you..

If the person can complete the PIP1 over the phone then it undoubtedly be better and will avoid any issues due to late return.

The form only has half a dozen simple questions on it, see the PIP Claim guide for details, so it should be possible to complete and return it on the same day it is received.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

The four weeks to complete the PIP2 form will start from when it is sent not when the PIP1 is completed, so they should have at least three weeks to complete and return it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #143472 by leapoffaith
Thankyou.. 1 more question pls.. I have read that you can have extra time for my conditions.. would we ask for that in the pip1 call.. also we wanted a paper form to clearly explain why not to contact by phone..

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.