× Members

Help pls.. PIP & PIP2?

More
8 years 6 months ago #143473 by leapoffaith
Replied by leapoffaith on topic Help pls.. PIP & PIP2?
Meant say for mental health conditions..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143489 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic Help pls.. PIP & PIP2?
Hi Feeling desperate,

I think that the second letter you received was an automatic reminder to the first letter inviting your client to claim PIP. They do this after 14 days if you have not phoned them. I would not worry as you have already phoned them to request the form to be posted to you.

This happened to me whilst I was awaiting the receipt of my PIP1 form to fill in which took about a couple of weeks to reach me. When the PIP1 form arrived, it was dated that I had 1 month from the date of that letter to complete and return the form.

As my original invite letter gave me until the 28th October to claim PIP, the PIP 1 form and accompanying letter then gave me until the 20th November.

Hope this makes sense as your request for a paper form supersedes the second reminder letter which I think is computer generated.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #143495 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Help pls.. PIP & PIP2?
I would suggest asking for the extra time in the phone call and checking whether they want any supporting evidence like a GP letter to confirm you need it so you can get it organised.

I would suggest following it up in writing in case the phone operative 'forgets'. You could check a postal address with the operative. You could also write explaining why you did not want to be contacted by phone ie. OK to ask a few general questions to start claim but unable to take any longer more involved conversations.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.