× Members

Renewal PIP request 12 months before award ends

• Mya123
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143455 by Mya123
Hi members,

Can I get feedback. I recieved a PIP 'looking at your independence payment again' which is basically PIP claim form.

My PIP does not run out until Oct 2016. I called 0345 850 33 22 querying why I recieved this as it states on my award of PIP entitlement that it is 14 weeks I will get contacted prior to my renewal.

I was informed, that it is no longer 14 week weeks prior to renewal of claim but now 12 months due to backlog. I then queried that I was not informed and should have been made aware. I also asked 'what if I recieve a medical before my award date runs out and hypothetically speaking fail? That is a conflict of being still awarded until November 2016, yet failed and therefore money stopped when I have already been told I am entitled to pip until November 2016,

No reply was given, but told I had to fill fork out and it is mandatory

Can anyone enlighten me in this matter?
That I feel is breaking a rule?
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143464 by Gordon
Mya123

Most fixed term awards for PIP are being assessed a year early, it has nothing to do with there being delays in the system, it was always intended to be done in this way.

I'm afraid you have no choice about completing the new PIP2, the PIP Regulations allow the DWP to do a re-assessment at any time and for any reason, you should complete the form in detail and provide supporting evidence as you can, even if this has already been submitted.

Any new Decision will apply from the date that it is made and will replace your previous award in full. If no award was made then your PIP will stop immediately.

The DWP guidance has been regularly updated so please make sure you use the current PIP Claim guide.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago #143465 by bro58

Mya123 wrote: Hi members,

Can I get feedback. I recieved a PIP 'looking at your independence payment again' which is basically PIP claim form.

My PIP does not run out until Oct 2016. I called 0345 850 33 22 querying why I recieved this as it states on my award of PIP entitlement that it is 14 weeks I will get contacted prior to my renewal.

I was informed, that it is no longer 14 week weeks prior to renewal of claim but now 12 months due to backlog. I then queried that I was not informed and should have been made aware. I also asked 'what if I recieve a medical before my award date runs out and hypothetically speaking fail? That is a conflict of being still awarded until November 2016, yet failed and therefore money stopped when I have already been told I am entitled to pip until November 2016,

No reply was given, but told I had to fill fork out and it is mandatory

Can anyone enlighten me in this matter?
That I feel is breaking a rule?

Hi M123,

I am afraid that it would be the norm to receive the PIP review forms 12 month before the end of a fixed term award, as is reiterated by all the members responses in This Topic

Even if the original letter did state "14 weeks" you could not challenge the DWP.

PIP Legislation allows the Secretary of State (DWP) to review any PIP award at any time for any reason. (Any time revision)

My best advice would be to fill in the forms by any deadline dates given and treat it as if it was your first PIP claim.

You should use our current : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

As a result of your review, your award could remain the same, be increased, be reduced or you could lose them all together.

Any decision as a result of the review will take effect from the date of the new PIP decision.

bro58

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143479 by bro58
Hi M123,

PIP "Any time revision" is covered under Regulation 11 of the PIP Regulations 2013 :

"Re-determination of ability to carry out activities

11. Where it has been determined that C has limited ability or severely limited ability to carry out either or both daily living activities or mobility activities, the Secretary of State may, for any reason and at any time, determine afresh in accordance with regulation 4 whether C continues to have such limited ability or severely limited ability."

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/377/regulation/11/made

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.