× Members

Is night care recognised in PIP claims ?

More
8 years 6 months ago #143483 by kb32904
Hi, first post so please be gentle with me ;)

I've been in receipt of MRC & HRM of DLA for many years but I am dreading that brown envelope with the 'invitation' to apply for PIP.

I need help turning in bed & getting out of bed for toilet purposes in the night but I don't see any mention of needing help during sleeping hours on the PIP sample form.

Have I gone blind or is it a case of the DWP thinking we can be shoved into bed & ignored until morning :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143484 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Is night care recognised in PIP claims ?
I think when you read the guide to completing the PIP form it explains that you have to show that your need for help from another person is necessary throughout the night as well as during the day.

You obviously need physical help to get out of bed, to go to the toilet and all that entails; it would be as well to keep some sort of record of the number of times you need the help, and for how long each time, perhaps in the form of a diary.

If you need help with changing your bed etc, explain this also. It's really important to show how your problem impacts on your life, 24 hours a day. It might also be useful if the person who helps you could support your application with a brief note supporting your claim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kb32904

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.