× Members

PIP and ESA

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143493 by Debra51
PIP and ESA was created by Debra51
Hi

I have been granted the Daily Living component of PIP at the Standard Rate but not the Mobility component. However, I have been awarded 0 points for ESA which I intend to challenge. Will the cessation of my ESA payments affect my PIP payments?

Thank you.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago #143505 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP and ESA

Debra51 wrote: Hi

I have been granted the Daily Living component of PIP at the Standard Rate but not the Mobility component. However, I have been awarded 0 points for ESA which I intend to challenge. Will the cessation of my ESA payments affect my PIP payments?

Thank you.

Hi D51,

ESA and PIP have totally different qualifying criteria, and many people receive DLA or PIP whilst also working full time, so your denial of ESA should not affect your PIP award.

DLA and PIP are both "in work" benefits, hence being found fit for work for ESA should not affect PIP.

You have one month from the date of the ESA fit for work decision notice letter to make a written request for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR).

This is covered in our : ESA Appeals/MR Guidance.

See also : Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

&

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

As you will not be able to claim ESA throughout the MR process, you can sign on for JSA with reduced conditionality to your JSA Agreement if you need some income.

If your MR is not successful, you can revert back to ESA at The Assessment Rate once the Tribunal Service have accepted your appeal.

Have a read through my post : Here , it may help further.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.