× Members

Do You Lose A Week of DLA When Migrating to PIP?

More
8 years 6 months ago #143537 by LoisClark
Please can someone tell me if you lose A week of DLA when migrating to PIP?

My husband and I are/were on Lower Rate Mobility and Middle Rate Care of DLA. We have recently both been awarded Enhanced Rate PIP for both components.

I had my last full DLA payment 14th October 2015. Yesterday I received 2 weeks worth of DLA. However it has been 3 weeks since the last DLA payment so surely it should be 3 weeks?

My PIP award begins today but I know they pay in arrears and they have told me in the award letter that my first payment will be the 1st December (it won't be a full 4 week payment. That won't be until end of December).

My husband received his last full DLA payment on the 28th October. His PIP isn't due to start until next week. Yet today he has been paid one week's worth of DLA

In both of our cases it works out that we are a week short of DLA. In fact - unless they pay another week to my husband - he will only get £76 of DLA for the whole of this month and his 1st PIP payment won't start untl the 2nd week of December - 5 weeks off!

I hope this all makes sense?
#
Is this a mistake or common? If a mistake should we let it go or flag it up?

Many Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #143548 by foss27
You shouldn't lose any money changing from one to the other.

You should contact them both and clarify when one ends and the other begins.

More
8 years 5 months ago #143562 by LoisClark
Replied by LoisClark on topic Do You Lose A Week of DLA When Migrating to PIP?
Thank you. I have it in writing when one ends and the other begins as does my husband.

I will chase it up. But when it appeared we were both losing a week of DLA, I thought I would check here first.

Technically my husband's DLA doesn't run out to next week and they should of sent his last payment next week. He can't check until next week. I certainly can check now though.

Thanks Again!

More
8 years 5 months ago #143563 by Gordon

LoisClark wrote: Thank you. I have it in writing when one ends and the other begins as does my husband.

I will chase it up. But when it appeared we were both losing a week of DLA, I thought I would check here first.

Technically my husband's DLA doesn't run out to next week and they should of sent his last payment next week. He can't check until next week. I certainly can check now though.

Thanks Again!

I have seen it said that DLA is paid 3 weeks in arrears and one week in advance, if this is the case then a five week gap would be correct, however, I have not been able to validate this information and my understanding is that it is paid 4 weekly in arrears, but again I have not been able to confirm this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LoisClark

More
8 years 5 months ago #143574 by LoisClark
Replied by LoisClark on topic Do You Lose A Week of DLA When Migrating to PIP?
Gordon, you are spot on. Thst is exactly the case with me. I had been on indefinite since 1992, so I wouldn't be shocked if it is an early days thing.

My husband will check his next week once the DLA end date has passed.

Thankfully, financially we can cope - especially as I get a £250 increase a month once PIP kicks in.

However, others be warned that you could find yourselves a week out of pocket in the trasionsl month where DLA ends and PIP begins.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.