× Members

Evidence

More
8 years 6 months ago #143558 by oldman
Evidence was created by oldman
To help those claiming ESA/PIP here is some advice. My neighbor, a nurse, has got a job as an assessor with capita. She tells me the biggest cause of failure is lack of medical evidence at interview. To enhance your chance ensure you have all medical reports which relate to your illness. She said many attend with illnesses listed but no evidence to back them up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143568 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Evidence

oldman wrote: To help those claiming ESA/PIP here is some advice. My neighbor, a nurse, has got a job as an assessor with capita. She tells me the biggest cause of failure is lack of medical evidence at interview. To enhance your chance ensure you have all medical reports which relate to your illness. She said many attend with illnesses listed but no evidence to back them up.

Interesting, based on comments from the forum I would have thought it was because the assessors don't actually read the evidence submitted with claims, how wrong was I :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bryando

More
8 years 6 months ago #143577 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic Evidence

oldman wrote: To help those claiming ESA/PIP here is some advice. My neighbor, a nurse, has got a job as an assessor with capita. She tells me the biggest cause of failure is lack of medical evidence at interview. To enhance your chance ensure you have all medical reports which relate to your illness. She said many attend with illnesses listed but no evidence to back them up.

Thanks for informing us, but I knew it's always best to take all relevant paperwork to an assement and get them to read it before you start your assessment .

Thumbs up to you oldman.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143602 by robm
Replied by robm on topic Evidence

l strongly disagree with this had an assessment the other week although not capita the lady who assed me did not look at my evidence or some of it a least now l have really bad bladder problems as a result l have wear pads unfortunately but got not one single point for incontinence so she could not have look at the evidence in front of her

More
8 years 6 months ago #143614 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic Evidence
I think the comment is about medical evidence submitted with application form. although we took it along too. I notice on my report that once she had asertained that I met the criteria she did not go into further depth. She chose the 3 sets of evidence for the conclusion.

Details in the application,
Backed by medical evidence
Seen and proved by her own eyes.

If the other situations you have are needed to ensure you get into a group they should be considered even if not supported by medical evidence, they could be by examination.

However, some things are impossible to quantify the way I suspect they are expected to quantify and justify.

The joys of the bloomin thing, may it all go away and rot in a file somewhere and go back to our GPs who have all the evidence at hand.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143657 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic Evidence

It's virtually impossible for me to get the right evidence.
I put in a SAR request to my GP who printed off all the notes from my visits, but the notes were very vague and they are too abbreviated, and also not detailed enough.
I am a self harmer who also lashes out under stress, and none of this is written down on my GP notes.
They did not include my visits to the minor injuries unit, where I went to get my wrist sorted out after cutting it.
The DWP don't realise that some doctors think we are being fussy when we ask for evidence, and I think the DWP are asking too much, they are unsatisfied with evidence, because it hasn't got the right words.
Doctors sometimes don't know the right words to put, and I don;t like telling them their letters are too vague.
This is a gap, the doctors are too busy, and the dwp are too fussy and demanding in asking for specifically worded evidence.
Evidence gathering is proving too stressful for me.
My doctors notes are too vague, there is no record of me having seen the practice nurse at the surgery, and there is no record of me having been to the minor injuries unit.
Also the DWP seem to want recent evidence, and it all just makes my mental health problems worse and not better, as I am frightened of losing my money and being made homeless, due to not being able to pay my mortgage.
I despair

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.