× Members

National Insurance Contributions

• Toni
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #143599 by Toni
National Insurance Contributions was created by Toni
Hi

I've just recently applied for ESA. Today i have received a letter telling me I am not entitled to ESA, because I have not paid, or been credited with, enough National Insurance Contributions from April 2013 to April 2014.

I'm really confused as, I work 20 hours per week for a very large company and they pay my NI contributions and always have done.

I'm so confused, and just really don't know what to do.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #143605 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic National Insurance Contributions

Toni wrote: Hi

I've just recently applied for ESA. Today i have received a letter telling me I am not entitled to ESA, because I have not paid, or been credited with, enough National Insurance Contributions from April 2013 to April 2014.

I'm really confused as, I work 20 hours per week for a very large company and they pay my NI contributions and always have done.

I'm so confused, and just really don't know what to do.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You need to request a National Insurance statement from HMRC, if this show s sufficient NICs have been paid then you can contact the DWP again with the information, if it does not then you to contact your employer.

www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-r...yees-and-individuals

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.