× Members

WRAG query...

More
8 years 6 months ago #143627 by SuziQ
WRAG query... was created by SuziQ
Having Won my Tribunal end of Sept & with 15 points been put in WRAG, I an somewhat confused.

I attended the 1st meeting scheduled ( within a week! ) @ my local job centre plus ( major niggles on their part on my insistence to be seen on ground floor as I'm unable to use stairs )
My appointment lasted less than 10 mins & I was told from then on I would be dealing with a 'recruitment' company on the Work Programme, & that I was to comply with their requests & attend all appointments ...
Due to them having buildings work completed & them able to See me, only on the 4th floor & above, they made my "interview"/appoitment a telephone call. This too took all of 10 mins as in their own words they didn't know how they were to Handle me ?

My confusion is, having gone from 3 monthly Fit Notes being posted in while awaiting my assessment. To be told No Fit Notes required, but that I am expected to Meet with these people Every Week? To what end...
I have no Actual information on the "Work Programme". What is expected of me, their policies etc...

Even on JSA you sign on fortnightly...

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143645 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG query...
Suzi

Most JSA and ESA claimants in the WRAG will be forwarded to the Work Programme for two years.

For ESA claimants this will involve any Work Related Activity deemed required to help them getting ready for a return to work, but to be clear you cannot be asked to work or to seek work, although you can be required to do a job placement.

Many activities will be mandatory, this means that your failing to complete them on time or to an adequate standard ca result in your benefit being sanctioned, there is a guide to avoiding sanctions in the ESA section.

Anything you are asked to do must take in to account your stated and accepted limitations, so you should make your advisor aware of these as soon as possible as they will not have access to this information.

The following fact sheet has more information.

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...e-work-programme.pdf

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuziQ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.