× Members

ESA Support- Permitted Work

More
8 years 6 months ago #143650 by bbzpda
ESA Support- Permitted Work was created by bbzpda
I am on ESA in Support Group.

I have agreed with DWP to undertake a few hours of permitted work a week, using the PW1 form.

They have now sent me another form to fill in detailing the work I am doing.

Fair enough.

But this form has the following question:

13. Are you off work at the moment because of sickness or pregnancy?

Is this a trick? What is the right answer?

Obviously I am off work in any normal sense on a long-term basis as I am in ESA Support, but I'm not off work in the sense of the few hours of permitted work I do a week.

The form is labelled: 1694/0077

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143652 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Support- Permitted Work
PDA

Ignoring the PW they are asking whether you are employed. You can still be employed and receive ESA.

So if you are not on long term sick leave from an existing job and you are not pregnant, then you should answer no.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #143654 by bbzpda
Replied by bbzpda on topic ESA Support- Permitted Work
I don't understand - "ignoring the PW'

I don't have a job in any meaningful sense, but I am doing some PW. When I phoned up DWP they said that if I am doing some work at home then I have a job and that is what I should fill in.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143665 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Support- Permitted Work

PDA wrote: I don't understand - "ignoring the PW'

I don't have a job in any meaningful sense, but I am doing some PW. When I phoned up DWP they said that if I am doing some work at home then I have a job and that is what I should fill in.

OK! Let me try another way of describing it :)

I say "ignoring your PW" because this question is not about it, they are asking whether you are employed, I am guessing that your are not.

Some ESA claimants have never worked because there conditions have prevented them doing so.

Some ESA claimants, the vast majority, have worked but no longer can because of their conditions and have lost their jobs,

Some ESA claimants have stopped working because they are unable to do so, but are still employed although they may no longer receiving any pay.

It is this latter group that the question is referring to and whether it applies to you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.