× Members

supporting letter for PIP/except. circumst. regula

More
8 years 6 months ago #143740 by Raw
Dear forum members,
I am a new member and this is my first contact for help.
I am dreading to have to go through the process of moving from DLA to PIP especially after having had an ordeal with the DWP in the past.

Could you please review the supporting letter from my key worker for my claim for PIP. I have been on DLA for the past 3 years.

Also, would it be helpful to mention that she considers me for exceptional circumstances regulations? Not sure if this also applies to PIP or just ESA claims?
In the letter, should my key worker list the problems I have with daily activities like preparing and cooking a simple meal, struggle with personal hygiene, food shopping and household tasks, that I cannot complete these tasks reliably to a reasonable standard in a timely manner and that I would benefit from the continuous support from another person?

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help.
Kind regards,
J.

To whom it may concern

I am writing to you with regard to the above named individual. Inspired is a skills development service which enables individuals with a diagnosis of personality disorder or with personality related difficulties to develop appropriate coping skills to manage complex emotions and to access work, education and leisure activities of interest.

Ms X is currently receiving support from our service. She was referred to our service in October 2013. Ms X has a diagnosis of Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder and severe complex needs which include paranoid thoughts and chronic long enduring high levels of anxiety and depression. J. struggles ongoing with day to day activities.

Ms X attends monthly one to one key working sessions, and she has participated in a weekly facilitated therapeutic peer support group and this will end in December 2015.

Should you require any further information please feel free to contact me via post/phone (contact details below) or via email to .....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143756 by Gordon

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The letter is OK as far as it goes, but to have any weight it really needs to explain what activities you need support with and why, they would also need to explain how they know this.

PIP does not the Exceptional Circumstances Regulations that ESA has.

If you have any more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.