× Members

ESA 85A Medical report and PIP

More
8 years 6 months ago #143767 by Noodles
ESA 85A Medical report and PIP was created by Noodles
Whilst I. realise ESA and PIP are apparent completely different Benefites,Would my husbands latest and recent ESA 85A (three year Support group award) report from ATOS be worth sending as back up envidence regarding hubby's limitations and how they effect him with regards to washing,cooking and Mobilising ect ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143768 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic ESA 85A Medical report and PIP
A lot depends on how long it is since your hubby was assessed for ESA; If it was fairly recent, then by all means send a copy of the report and the decision he received. Just read through the different guides and make up your mind whether or not he fits into the categories described for PIP. There are considerable differences between ESA and PIP, so make sure in your own mind he fits into the appropriate areas. Good luck

More
8 years 6 months ago #143771 by Noodles
Replied by Noodles on topic ESA 85A Medical report and PIP
Hello again,

The ESA report was dated June 2014. As yet,we have not been asked to apply for PIP but we are expecting it anytime soon as hubby is on Indefinite DLA which apparently is now under scrutiny for being assessed.

Thanks .

More
8 years 6 months ago #143780 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 85A Medical report and PIP

Noodles wrote: Hello again,

The ESA report was dated June 2014. As yet,we have not been asked to apply for PIP but we are expecting it anytime soon as hubby is on Indefinite DLA which apparently is now under scrutiny for being assessed.

Thanks .

Claimants are being chosen at random so it could be next week but it could also be in two or more years time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noodles

More
8 years 6 months ago #143787 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic ESA 85A Medical report and PIP
Hi

I will be attending a PIP ass next week (cancelled with only an hour to go last week). I have my ESA report from last month.

Question's

The report has stated illness assessed as stated etc, including that I was seen to mobilise very slowly approx 20 meters and appeared in pain and very pale. (it was a bloomin long walk down a long corridor)

Will this help my PIP claim or will the mere mention of 20 meters mobilised chop of my mobility element at the neck? any suggestions insight appreciated.

Should I give them my PIP report?

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #143794 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA 85A Medical report and PIP
The PIP descriptor is more than 20 metres. Its a difficult call but I probably wouldn't use the report if it were me.
However thats not to say that the assessor won't have seen a copy.
The other factor is the reliably test. The fact you did it in pain and appeared pale suggests it wouldn't be repeatedly, safely, in a timely manner etc. the only query is, Did You Walk Back?
That makes it twice.
Just saying.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.