× Members

Atos assessment centres

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143799 by mommaduck
Atos assessment centres was created by mommaduck
When filling in the PIP form, at the end there is a section to give details about special needs one might have - accessible toilets, wheelchair access, no steps etc.

If one knows of the actual centres nearest to them, is it okay to also to request that the assessment takes place at one of these because of the convenient location? Or would this be cheeky and presumptuous and go against one?

Would it also be okay to state times which are more convenient during the day giving the reason why?

There are two within a couple of miles of where I live. I would be dependent upon my daughter who would have to pick me up after she has taken my grandson to school, and also the appointment would not have to impede upon her being able to pick him up after school.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143800 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Atos assessment centres
Hi mommaduck,

You should certainly make a note of any special requirements you have or reasonable adjustments you need. I see no reason why you should not state that a particular centre would, or would not, be suitable. However, it doesn't seem that the people making the appointments actually have access to this information!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #143801 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic Atos assessment centres
Thank you Mrs H,

That does seem rather strange that they (Atos) don't actually know where their own assessment centres are. :silly:

More
8 years 6 months ago #143802 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Atos assessment centres

mommaduck wrote: Thank you Mrs H,

That does seem rather strange that they (Atos) don't actually know where their own assessment centres are. :silly:

Or they ignore it!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.