× Members

ESA50 Form outdated

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143844 by sbir
ESA50 Form outdated was created by sbir
Hi, i have been on assesment rate for over year and a half now i had a call last week saying i have a assesment on the day which i was unaware of, and that they were too busy and had to change the date, lukily for me as i did not get a letter at all for this assesment on the day and would have been sanctioned if i did not turn up.

Since its been a long time as in over year and a half i filled in the esa50 my health has changed since then and the esa50 is not valid as my health is diffrent to what it was then, do i download a copy off the esa50 off the dwp website and send it to maximus and the dwp or do i just ask for a assesment and they look at me on the day? Im so confused would appreciate your help.

Also im not able to attend a assessment can i get my docter to write me a letter saying im unfit to attend a assessment and would like it at home? Would appreciate your help.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143847 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA50 Form outdated

omr wrote: Hi, i have been on assesment rate for over year and a half now i had a call last week saying i have a assesment on the day which i was unaware of, and that they were too busy and had to change the date, lukily for me as i did not get a letter at all for this assesment on the day and would have been sanctioned if i did not turn up.

Since its been a long time as in over year and a half i filled in the esa50 my health has changed since then and the esa50 is not valid as my health is diffrent to what it was then, do i download a copy off the esa50 off the dwp website and send it to maximus and the dwp or do i just ask for a assesment and they look at me on the day? Im so confused would appreciate your help.

Also im not able to attend a assessment can i get my docter to write me a letter saying im unfit to attend a assessment and would like it at home? Would appreciate your help.

Hi omr,

If : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15. are to reassess your ESA award, they should first issue you with a current ESA50.

See : Invited to an ESA Face to Face Assessment (ESA “medical”) but no ESA50 sent.

If your needs dictate a Home Assessment, you should inform them of this accompanied by any letter of support from your G.P.

You can also still request that any face to face is recorded if you wish.

bro58

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143850 by sbir
Replied by sbir on topic ESA50 Form outdated
Thank you, also can i get enough information off my gp for my mental health off one letter? As i spoke to maximus they said if theres enough information there wont be a need for a assessment, can you be placed in any of the groups by one letter of info?

Thank you

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago #143857 by bro58

omr wrote: Thank you, also can i get enough information off my gp for my mental health off one letter? As i spoke to maximus they said if theres enough information there wont be a need for a assessment, can you be placed in any of the groups by one letter of info?

Thank you

Hi omr,

I am afraid that I cannot offer a definitive answer, a current letter from your G.P. as an add-on to The ESA50 that you have previously provided "may" be enough for them to make a paper based assessment, on the other hand, it may not !

Have you checked that they still have the ESA50 that you filled in and sent to ATOS circa 18 months ago ?

If not, you would be totally reliant on a single G.P. letter.

The ESA50 is an integral part of any ESA assessment.

It is up to you on how you should proceed ! :)

bro58

More
8 years 6 months ago #143862 by sbir
Replied by sbir on topic ESA50 Form outdated
I just called maximus and spoke to them regarding this, they said i dont need to fill in the esa50 and told me to send in my previous docters letters and evidence which i had sent in for pip. The lady on phone said the assesos know the esa50 is a old questionare and they can assess my claim just by my pip evidence letters from docters and social workers. She told me not to send and fill in the esa50 again. Im confused with all this :/

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143864 by bro58

omr wrote: I just called maximus and spoke to them regarding this, they said i dont need to fill in the esa50 and told me to send in my previous docters letters and evidence which i had sent in for pip. The lady on phone said the assesos know the esa50 is a old questionare and they can assess my claim just by my pip evidence letters from docters and social workers. She told me not to send and fill in the esa50 again. Im confused with all this :/

Hi omr,

We can only advise you generically with respect to how we advise all our members.

I would query how a letter in support of a PIP claim/assessment could also be used to support an ESA claim/assessment !

PIP and ESA are totally different benefits with totally different qualifying criteria, although there are some cross-overs.

As I have previously stated, we can only advise, how you choose to proceed is up to you ! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.