× Members

info to help doctor write in depth covering letter

• ubique
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #143859 by ubique
hi,can anyone point me to any help in questions which could be given to my GP to write an in depth covering letter for my esa medical?
in the past i always seemed to get a couple of small paragraphs which to me was quickly written out without any full thought.just enough to fill a postcard!
past letters have not helped very much at my medicals because i think and no doubt so does the doctor at the medical the information of diagnoses ,symptoms treatment etc is not fully written down ,so if there is any questions /guide help please point me towards it.
on another note,in the uk can one ask to change the doctor or whoever take you for the esa medical?ie if i had doctor smith at the same place as last time and i felt dr smith,s attitude towards was wrong could i ask to get another doctor for my medical?
also as i have mentioned in past topics i live abroad over here they use an e213 form which has nothing in common with what people get in the uk for an esa medical,today i went for mine and asked this new doctor if she knew why i was here and what the e213 form in front of her was for?reply i dont know why you are here and the form i dont know as it is sent from madrid i only needto fill it in!also got told my wife could not come with me to translate.....until i made it clear she has already been in before 5 times with me so what is the difference today!
i think each european country she teach all there medical staff what the forms are and how to go through them and why .
blw i forgot to get my doctors covering letter translated into spanish so i was blown out the medical,have to return end of the month :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #143876 by Gordon
ubique

In terms if a GP letter what you want is for them to describe how you are effected by your conditions in regard to each of the ESA Descriptors that you would expect to score points for.

Ideally and you might not get this for each activity you want them to describe the following

- what condition(s) cause you problems
- how they would expect you to be effected
- what would happen if you exceeded your limits
- how often you are effected
- how long you are effected for

In principle, claimants in the UK can ask the Assessment Provider to provide a different assessor, for example if a complaint about an assessor has been made, they can also ask for an assessor of a particular sex, if there were reasonable reasons for them doing so. Beyond this I would expect them to struggle to control the assessor assigned to their claim, some conditions warrant a doctor do the assessment rather than any other assessor, but this is not something that the claimant can insist on and the "rules" associated with this are at best unclear and are certainly not applied uniformly.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.