× Members

Previous claims as evidence.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143874 by worriedwoman
Previous claims as evidence. was created by worriedwoman
Hi,
I don't recall dwp asking me if they could use past claim forms for evidence when I called to make PIP claim , neither did I see this on the PIP2 form that I completed.
Do they have to ask permission ?
Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143883 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Previous claims as evidence.

worriedwoman wrote: Hi,
I don't recall dwp asking me if they could use past claim forms for evidence when I called to make PIP claim , neither did I see this on the PIP2 form that I completed.
Do they have to ask permission ?
Many thanks.

They should have asked as part of your completing the PIP1 form when you phoned to start your claim (which I assume you did). They do need to ask your permission, but even if given the information may no longer be available and if it is, may still not be used by an assessor.

As a general rule, if you want the assessor to consider a particular piece of evidence then you should include it with your PIP2 form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #143894 by crad2@hotmail.com
Replied by crad2@hotmail.com on topic Previous claims as evidence.
What is the recommended advice regarding them asking to use past DLA form evidence for PIP1 claim ?
Unsure if i should tell them yes or no
Thank you

More
8 years 6 months ago #143921 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Previous claims as evidence.

vision wrote: What is the recommended advice regarding them asking to use past DLA form evidence for PIP1 claim ?
Unsure if i should tell them yes or no
Thank you

This is a decision that only you can make.

DLA and PIP have quite different assessment criteria so you need to consider how relevant your DLA evidence will be.

You also need to consider how old your DLA evidence is, the older the less weight it will carry.

Even If you authorise them to access your DLA information, it may not actually be available as the DWP have a policy of destroying information over 13 months old, also, the assessor may not actually access the information if they believe that they have enough available in your PIP2 or attached to it.

As a general rule, if you want the assessor to take account of evidence we recommend you attach it to your PIP2.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143923 by crad2@hotmail.com
Replied by crad2@hotmail.com on topic Previous claims as evidence.
As the assessment criteria for DLA and PIP are so different why then would they ask to use past DLA form evidence?
Doesn't seem logical if thats the case, or am i missing something here?
Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143926 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Previous claims as evidence.

vision wrote: As the assessment criteria for DLA and PIP are so different why then would they ask to use past DLA form evidence?
Doesn't seem logical if thats the case, or am i missing something here?
Thanks

Hi V,

Even though old DLA evidence may not be directly pertinent to the PIP qualifying criteria, it may indicate a long term level of disability.

I can only refer you back to Gordon's advice.

Only the DWP could answer your question with any certainty.

Personally, I would be providing as much fresh evidence as possible, although I do understand that some claimants may not have fresh, recent evidence.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.