× Members

URGENT-MR INFO NOT SUBMIITTED IN TIME

More
8 years 6 months ago #143888 by QWERTY
Hi to everyone,

I urgently need advice and would appreciate any help with my situation:

I sent in in my PIP mandatory reconsideration request within time...basic reasons and stated would send in further information . My health has not been good plus delays.

I managed to get further medical evidence, but did not get it submitted within time , and MR has been carried out without this.( no medical evidence was used by HP in report )

New decision upholds previous decision ie. standard daily living / no mobility component , with same point scores / descriptors in both decisions.
(New decision refers to further evidence indicated in MR request, but no further evidence received within the timescale.)

Can you advise me on what my position is/ my options now?

-Is there any way to obtain another reconsideration at this stage? what would I need to do?

-Should I submit my further info ie. medical evidence and disputed areas that I had wanted to be taken into consideration to the PIP place now , and at same time start appeal process?
Or is only option now to go appeal? I am totally shattered at the prospect.

-I have one month to appeal this decision. Am I appealing against the reasons of no further details received or the original DM reasons which listed the descriptors?

- the new decision gives award details from new decision date, but gives same review date for claim as original decision. Basically, am I still in the process of the original claim? which decision date do I refer to ?

-Would any award at appeal now be based from start of PIP claim and original decision, or just from new decision a few days ago?

I'm all over the place with this and would appreciate any advice on how to proceed

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #143896 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic URGENT-MR INFO NOT SUBMIITTED IN TIME
You could try appealing against the MR being held without your evidence but the time this would take and the prospects of success would incline me to go on to the appeal and submit the evidence as part of your appeal.

You should have a full decision notification setting out how you scored points and why.
You need to go theough this point by point and assemble your arguments and evidence for challenging the decision and award.

Your claim will still be backdated to tour original application date if you win.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144365 by QWERTY
Replied by QWERTY on topic URGENT-MR INFO NOT SUBMIITTED IN TIME
hi,

do I get a welfare rights officer to help me prepare my PIP appeal request and say they are my representative on form or do I wait till get date I of appeal tribunal to ask for help re this?

not sure how much to do myself or better to get advice now if need a representative going forward.

thanks

More
8 years 5 months ago #144366 by QWERTY
Replied by QWERTY on topic URGENT-MR INFO NOT SUBMIITTED IN TIME
hi,

thanks for replying. i was thinking of sending in MR further info plus explain why late, and appealing from there...but would it be better to just make one submission ie. appeal form plus grounds for appeal and explain why MR it on appeal form?

thanks

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144378 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic URGENT-MR INFO NOT SUBMIITTED IN TIME

QWERTY wrote: hi,

do I get a welfare rights officer to help me prepare my PIP appeal request and say they are my representative on form or do I wait till get date I of appeal tribunal to ask for help re this?

not sure how much to do myself or better to get advice now if need a representative going forward.

thanks

Hi Q,

If you are to enlist the support of a WR Officer, the sooner that you do so the better.

However, in saying that you should not miss any deadline to return your appeal submission.

You can make a statement that you are intending/trying to enlist the support of a a WRO and that you will provide their contact details if/when you do.

(Related Topics Merged)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago #144380 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic URGENT-MR INFO NOT SUBMIITTED IN TIME

QWERTY wrote: hi,

thanks for replying. i was thinking of sending in MR further info plus explain why late, and appealing from there...but would it be better to just make one submission ie. appeal form plus grounds for appeal and explain why MR it on appeal form?

thanks

Hi Q,

You could try submitting fresh evidence to DWP stating that they did not give you enough time to submit it and asking them to take it into account.

However, to protect your appeal rights, I would also directly lodge your appeal to The Tribunal Service (TS) within the one month deadline from the date of the MR Notice, using the MR Notice and The SSCS 1 Form (Download Link)

If the DWP do revise the decision and you are happy with it your appeal to The TS will lapse.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.