× Members

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143891 by 1100db
points was created by 1100db
Hi,i'm a bit confused how the points system works,for example do you have to add together all the points from all of the care catagories,confused as some folk are getting a zero score.

thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143903 by
Replied by on topic points

1100db wrote: Hi,i'm a bit confused how the points system works,for example do you have to add together all the points from all of the care catagories,confused as some folk are getting a zero score.

thanks.

Hi 1100,

How the PIP points scoring system works is explained : Here.

Basically, you either need to score enough points from any of the 10 Care/Daily Living Activities for a Standard or Enhanced DL Award, and/or from the 2 Mobility Activities, Moving Around or Going Out for a Standard or Enhanced Mobility Award :

8 points for the standard rate

12 points for the enhanced rate

Even though you may fulfil more than one scoring Descriptor from each Activity, you can only be awarded the one Descriptor from each Activity, which would be the highest scoring one in the case of fulfilling more than one.

See also : PIP Self Test

&

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

If claimants are scoring zero points that means that they have been assessed as not fulfilling any of the Descriptors either in the 10 DL Activities and/or the 2 Mobility Activities.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by .

More
8 years 6 months ago #143947 by 1100db
Replied by 1100db on topic points
Thanks,bro58,so if i understand it there is infact only one decifer in the 10 Care/Daily Living Activities that scores 12 points.

7. Communicating verbally.
a. Can express and understand verbal information unaided. 0 points.
b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to speak or hear. 2 points.
c. Needs communication support to be able to express or understand complex verbal information. 4 points.
d. Needs communication support to be able to express or understand basic verbal information. 8 points.
e. Cannot express or understand verbal information at all even with communication support. 12 points.

thanks.

8 years 5 months ago #143954 by
Replied by on topic points

1100db wrote: Thanks,bro58,so if i understand it there is infact only one decifer in the 10 Care/Daily Living Activities that scores 12 points.

c. Needs communication support to be able to express or understand complex verbal information. 4 points.
d. Needs communication support to be able to express or understand basic verbal information. 8 points.
e. Cannot express or understand verbal information at all even with communication support. 12 points.

thanks.

Hi 1100db,

Yes, that is the only Descriptor within the 10 DL Actvities where you can score the 12 points outright.

However, you do not have to score the 12 points needed for an Enhanced DL Award outright, the 12 points can be gained cumulatively across all/any of the 10 DL Activities.

It's just that you can only score once under each of the 10 different DL Activities.

bro58

More
8 years 5 months ago #143966 by 1100db
Replied by 1100db on topic points

bro58 wrote:

1100db wrote: Thanks,bro58,so if i understand it there is infact only one decifer in the 10 Care/Daily Living Activities that scores 12 points.

thanks.

Hi 1100db,

Yes, that is the only Descriptor within the 10 DL Actvities where you can score the 12 points outright.

However, you do not have to score the 12 points needed for an Enhanced DL Award outright, the 12 points can be gained cumulatively across all/any of the 10 DL Activities.

It's just that you can only score once under each of the 10 different DL Activities.

bro58

Thanks again bro58,so sorry i just wasn't getting it,you know when sometimes something just doesn't sink in lol.many thanks,i think i get it now.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.