× Members

Heart Failure

More
8 years 6 months ago #143893 by Carol
Heart Failure was created by Carol
Hi Everyone.

New to this and its my first post. I have a complex history of a left ventricular septal defect and have recently been diagnosed with a biventricular septal defect and atrial flutter and I am finding this a daunting concept of applying for benefits as I have worked up until now.

I am due to return my pip application in a few days time and I am panic stricken as I didn't realise the amount of information that was required. I don't have any evidence to support my claim as my Consultant hasn't replied to my letter. I only have recent appointment letters and discharge letter from recent hospital admission.

Does anyone know if I resquest my medical notes from my gp, do they have access to my hospital tests for example my MRI scan?

Anxiously awaiting replies

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143920 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Heart Failure
Carol

Welcome to the forum.

If you are struggling to complete the form, you can ask for an extension, just phone the DWP office that is dealing with your claim.

You GP practice should have copies of your medical tests although this may not include your MRI scans. See

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carol

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago #143922 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Heart Failure
Hi C,

Yes, your G.P. should have copies of any reports as a result of tests, X-rays, MRI's CT's, etc, etc.

You can probably obtain copies on DVD of any MRI's etc by making a request to the Hospital where they were carried out.

Your G.P. should also have any post consultation letters that your Consultant has written.

For future reference, if you have to see a Consultant at Hospital as an out-patient, you can make a verbal request that they copy you in on any post consultation letters that they send to your G.P.

There is no charge for this and no forms to fill in, just mention it at the Clinic reception and if you have any problems contact the Consultant's secretary or PALS.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.