× Members

Carer,s allowance and Pension Credit

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143913 by mommaduck
Carer,s allowance and Pension Credit was created by mommaduck
Not sure if anyone can help. I currently am in receipt of Guaranteed Pension Credit.

My award is for a set period until December 2018. No one claims Carer Allowance for me so I get a premium (not sure what it is called) This award is totally unaffected by any further money or savings that I would accrue. I was even told that I could win a million pounds on the lottery and it would not affect the payment until Dec 2018.

Under normal circumstances if I was say a new claimant of Guaranteed Pension Credit and some one was claiming Carers Allowance for me I would not get this premium which is around £62 per week.

If my daughter was to now claim Carer,s Allowance which I would like her to do, would this claim affect my PC?
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143928 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Carer,s allowance and Pension Credit
Hi mommaduck,

We do not advise about Pension Credit but I have allowed your post in case anyone else can help.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #143933 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic Carer,s allowance and Pension Credit
Thanks Mrs H,

It was doubtful that you could advise me, but I was hopeful. :cheer:

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143934 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carer,s allowance and Pension Credit

mommaduck wrote: Not sure if anyone can help. I currently am in receipt of Guaranteed Pension Credit.

My award is for a set period until December 2018. No one claims Carer Allowance for me so I get a premium (not sure what it is called) This award is totally unaffected by any further money or savings that I would accrue. I was even told that I could win a million pounds on the lottery and it would not affect the payment until Dec 2018.

Under normal circumstances if I was say a new claimant of Guaranteed Pension Credit and some one was claiming Carers Allowance for me I would not get this premium which is around £62 per week.

If my daughter was to now claim Carer,s Allowance which I would like her to do, would this claim affect my PC?

From you post I think you are receiving the Severe Disability Addition, this is paid because you are receiving a qualifying benefit, DLA MRC or HRC, PIP Daily Living or AA, you live alone and no one receives Carers Allowance for you.

If you daughter claims CA for looking after you then I would expect you to lose this additional payment.

If it is not the Severe Disability Addition that you are receiving then please come back to the forum with additional information as to what the payment is.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.