× Members

PIP Question Re: Taking nutrition

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #143940 by Anibas
PIP Question Re: Taking nutrition was created by Anibas
i'm currently putting together a letter of dispute after my hubby getting 0 points for PIP.

In Activity 2: Taking nutrition, They have awarded 0 points for this even though I explained that my hubby would not eat properly, if at all, if I didn't prepare his meals due to his condition. Would come under the definition of 'prompting'?
I don't have to feed him, I just prepare and bring his food to him so would they award him any points in this case?

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by . Reason: tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #143957 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Question Re: Taking nutrition

Anibas wrote: i'm currently putting together a letter of dispute after my hubby getting 0 points for PIP.

In Activity 2: Taking nutrition, They have awarded 0 points for this even though I explained that my hubby would not eat properly, if at all, if I didn't prepare his meals due to his condition. Would come under the definition of 'prompting'?
I don't have to feed him, I just prepare and bring his food to him so would they award him any points in this case?

Thanks in advance.

The Taking Nutrition activity Is about the problems a claimant would have eating and/or drinking, it does not take into account the claimant preparing, cooking or collecting the food or drink, just the consumption.

So in this context prompting means to prompt the person to consume the food presented to them, for example someone with Anorexia might need to prompting to take adequate nutrition, someone with severe depression might need prompting to start eating in the first place.

Your post suggest that your husband does not have problems eating food made available to him so I think it unlikely that he would score points for this activity unless there is information that you have not posted.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anibas

More
8 years 5 months ago #143982 by Anibas
Replied by Anibas on topic PIP Question Re: Taking nutrition
Thanks Gordon, it's true, he doesn't have trouble with motivation to eat, just the preparation side of things. Without me he would live on crisps as he is too ill to make food for himself. Such a shame the dwp don't deem that to be a problem :-/

More
8 years 5 months ago #144031 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Question Re: Taking nutrition

Anibas wrote: Thanks Gordon, it's true, he doesn't have trouble with motivation to eat, just the preparation side of things. Without me he would live on crisps as he is too ill to make food for himself. Such a shame the dwp don't deem that to be a problem :-/

This would be covered under Preparing Food which is the previous activity to Eating and Drinking!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anibas

More
8 years 5 months ago #144055 by Anibas
Replied by Anibas on topic PIP Question Re: Taking nutrition
I hadn't realised that, thank you, I am so at sea with all of this. I haven't been this stressed in a long time :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.