× Members

PIP2 questioner

More
8 years 5 months ago #144111 by tommotompkins
Replied by tommotompkins on topic PIP2 questioner
Hi Noodles,
I copied and pasted the sample online form ( cutting out unnecessary waffle) and cross-referenced it to my own version of the form. Be warned, the 'sample' form is slightly different, but between this and the hard copy that you have, you'll be able to create your own perfect version and input everything that you want to your heart's content.
As long as you reproduce the questions and their sub-sections you'll be fine. Make sure that your responses are clearly flagged with the number and detail of the question. If you want to expand on anything - you can save all the other things that occur to you and bring them together for Question 15 in as much detail as you like.
On each page I put my full name; National Insurance Number and the QR unique number (to be found at the bottom of the hard-copy form).
However, I made sure that I put something in each box pointing them towards my own version. For example, I ticked the relevant boxes on the official form, but ensured that I reproduced the questions and registered my response 'yes' 'no' or 'sometimes' preceded by a tick (you'll be able to locate the tick symbol if you click on 'insert').
I made sure to include a covering note - explaining exactly why I could not fill in the hard copy form in the manner that I would like. Please be sure to sign, both your copy of the form and the hard copy version that you were sent.
It is also worthwhile creating a cross-referencing table citing the pages, both of the official form and of your own - so that they can easily locate your responses to each question.
It is also a good idea to include a referenced list of all the evidence that you intend to include.
Whatever you do, please be sure to send your application by recorded delivery, so that you can satisfy yourself that it has been received and even see the proof of receipt online.

I didn't mind that it made me cry and took days on end - ultimately, I was able to include everything - unhindered by space constraints.
It has been accepted because I have an appointment for my 'medical'. :sick:
The terrible thing is that failure to offer a form in line with the old DLA PDF is clear discrimination -which no doubt helps the DWP discourage as many claimants as possible.
All the very best of luck to you in you claim. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144131 by Noodles
Replied by Noodles on topic PIP2 questioner
Hi,

Some fantastic information there Tedley. I'm picking through your advice peice by peice as hubby is more than a handful right now with his Alzheimer's ect. I was simply going to put " see enclosed replicated document but your version is miles better. :)

To you and all the mods,a very big thank you what you have helped us both with so far.

Thanks again.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144165 by tommotompkins
Replied by tommotompkins on topic PIP2 questioner
OOps! I meant to put " all the very best of luck to you in YOUR claim".

Noodles, you really shouldn't be put through this hellish form-filling ritual - so anything I can do to help is my absolute pleasure.

Don't forget - all you need write in the text boxes of the official form is "Please refer to page -- (Number) of addendum" (fancy name for attached document!)
If the question doesn't apply - just write "Not Applicable".
It might also help to print out your own copy and keep it in a folder ( with copies of your evidence) for your assessment appointment. It isn't 'cheating' to need to refer to it - you have enough to deal with and cannot be expected to recall everything from memory.
All good wishes going out to you and your husband XX

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.