× Members

Removing Enhanced Mobility rate??

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #143994 by mommaduck
Removing Enhanced Mobility rate?? was created by mommaduck
I have just read the post by S Stone on page 11 of the recent post by Steve Donaldson.

This poster states that he had his award removed because he can 'drive a motability vehicle and use a Sat Nav'. Whatever next????

Is this lawful on the part of the DWP? Can this reason be used by them to NOT award the enhanced rate? It's barbaric. Could this be challenged successfully at a tribunal appeal?

If this is the case then Motability as a company would not be able to continue to trade as I would imagine that most people who drive a motability vehicle are disabled. I know some are unable to drive, but I would imagine that they are in the minority.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144002 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Removing Enhanced Mobility rate??

mommaduck wrote: I have just read the post by S Stone on page 11 of the recent post by Steve Donaldson.

This poster states that he had his award removed because he can 'drive a motability vehicle and use a Sat Nav'. Whatever next????

Is this lawful on the part of the DWP? Can this reason be used by them to NOT award the enhanced rate? It's barbaric. Could this be challenged successfully at a tribunal appeal?

If this is the case then Motability as a company would not be able to continue to trade as I would imagine that most people who drive a motability vehicle are disabled. I know some are unable to drive, but I would imagine that they are in the minority.

Hi md,

I can't really comment on the individual case in question without knowing the full details.

It would of course depend on the individuals stated limitations, but I agree that on the face of it, it is certainly challengeable at MR and to The FTT !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.