× Members

Worrying phonecall

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #143996 by melrose
Worrying phonecall was created by melrose
Hi everyone,
Yesterday I received a phone call from the DWP about my ESA. I was told it was a 'review' of my information. She didn't ask me many questions though one of them was if I was studying any courses at the moment. I am studying with the Open University so I told her that but it was obvious that she already knew that anyway.

Is it normal to get such a call? Is this the beginning of another wider review and can I expect a medical? I don't want to get myself in a flap about it but I would appreciate some advice so that I know what to expect.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144005 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Worrying phonecall

melrose wrote: Hi everyone,
Yesterday I received a phone call from the DWP about my ESA. I was told it was a 'review' of my information. She didn't ask me many questions though one of them was if I was studying any courses at the moment. I am studying with the Open University so I told her that but it was obvious that she already knew that anyway.

Is it normal to get such a call? Is this the beginning of another wider review and can I expect a medical? I don't want to get myself in a flap about it but I would appreciate some advice so that I know what to expect.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hi m,

We have heard from many members who have received similar phone calls.

It is quite normal for DWP ESA to carry out periodic checks to see whether there are any changes to your personal or financial circumstances.

These checks can take the form of a phone call, a letter and a form to fill in and return, or an interview at home or in a DWP office.

I wouldn't worry, if all is still the same, you should hear no more.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.