× Members

PIP 1 paper form

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #143997 by mommaduck
PIP 1 paper form was created by mommaduck
I am rather puzzled.

I requested a paper form by post which was ignored, and my MP intervened on my behalf and one was eventually sent to me with a date of 20th October giving me one month to reply. (assume calender month and not 28 days) MP said a note had been placed on my file should there be any delay in my receiving the requested form and the time it would take to get it back to them. The form did not arrive until the 29th October.

I have yet to return this as I have just moved house and my regular GP said I have to find one in my new area asap, and am worried about where my notes are going to be.

Not sure if should put old GP down or new GP which I am going to see for initial interview next week, after which they will then send for my notes if they agree to take me on as a patient.

I have also done a Subject Access Request for a copy of my notes from my old GP because of moving house in case DWP write to the wrong GP.. this is getting complicated. I am still waiting for these.

I then received a second PIP1 form dated 30th October - which I am assuming the date will supersede the first date? Again giving me a month to reply.

Today, I have received a further one with a date of the 6th November, giving me yet another month to reply.

It is obviously to my advantage to delay returning the form until the deadline on the 3rd letter as I am anxious not to have to deal with a PIP assessment in the mayhem before xmas, as it would then mean that upon returning the form and being sent the PIP 2 I would have until the beginning of the New Year to return this one. I also want to be sure of the name and address of my GP.

If by not returning the PIP1 until the date on the 3rd form and the DWP then take it upon themselves to suspend my DLA, would I be covered because I have a third letter giving me another deadline, if you see what I mean?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144006 by
Replied by on topic PIP 1 paper form

mommaduck wrote: I am rather puzzled.

I requested a paper form by post which was ignored, and my MP intervened on my behalf and one was eventually sent to me with a date of 20th October giving me one month to reply. (assume calender month and not 28 days) MP said a note had been placed on my file should there be any delay in my receiving the requested form and the time it would take to get it back to them. The form did not arrive until the 29th October.

I have yet to return this as I have just moved house and my regular GP said I have to find one in my new area asap, and am worried about where my notes are going to be.

Not sure if should put old GP down or new GP which I am going to see for initial interview next week, after which they will then send for my notes if they agree to take me on as a patient.

I have also done a Subject Access Request for a copy of my notes from my old GP because of moving house in case DWP write to the wrong GP.. this is getting complicated. I am still waiting for these.

I then received a second PIP1 form dated 30th October - which I am assuming the date will supersede the first date? Again giving me a month to reply.

Today, I have received a further one with a date of the 6th November, giving me yet another month to reply.

It is obviously to my advantage to delay returning the form until the deadline on the 3rd letter as I am anxious not to have to deal with a PIP assessment in the mayhem before xmas, as it would then mean that upon returning the form and being sent the PIP 2 I would have until the beginning of the New Year to return this one. I also want to be sure of the name and address of my GP.

If by not returning the PIP1 until the date on the 3rd form and the DWP then take it upon themselves to suspend my DLA, would I be covered because I have a third letter giving me another deadline, if you see what I mean?

Hi md,

What a cock up !!!

You could give the address of your old G.P. with added comments that you are changing to a new G.P. with their contact details when you have them.

To be honest, DWP seldom contact claimant's G.P.'s anyway, even though they imply that they do so.

This is why we advise members to always provide their own evidence where at all possible.

With regards to the duplicate PIP 1 Forms and the differing return dates, if you have a date in black and white on your latest letter, that should be enough to cover you as a return date.

As a back up, you could drop a line to your M.P. informing them of your worry, with a copy of the latest letter informing them that this will be the PIP 1 deadline for return that you are working to.

Remember to take into account Xmas posting restrictions, and Bank Holidays when it comes to returning your PIP 2 by the dead line.

bro58

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144011 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic PIP 1 paper form
Thanks Bro,

That,s reassuring. And the advice to put both GP,s on the form.

It is also a great idea regarding my MP. He did say to contact him if there is anything further he can help me with, so I will. :)

8 years 5 months ago #144013 by
Replied by on topic PIP 1 paper form

mommaduck wrote: Thanks Bro,

That,s reassuring. And the advice to put both GP,s on the form.

It is also a great idea regarding my MP. He did say to contact him if there is anything further he can help me with, so I will. :)

Hi md,

Yes, when dealing with The DWP, et-al, it is always best to "cover your xxxx" !! :)

Dropping a line to your M.P. will create a paper trail and evidence in case you have to involve them again.

bro58

More
8 years 5 months ago #144015 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic PIP 1 paper form
Bro..you are 'Bonza'.... ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.