× Members

Fit more than 1 descriptor..

More
8 years 5 months ago #144000 by leapoffaith
Fit more than 1 descriptor.. was created by leapoffaith
Hi..
Please can you advise me.. We have been using your guide to Pip & understand that only 1 descriptor will be used even if you fit many & it will be the highest that you meet.. Do we still tick all that apply & explain why or are we meant to choose the highest that applies & ignore the others?
Eg. Uses an aid to bathe, needs supervision & assistance but mostly needs to be washed.. Another eg. Can very rarely go out due to overwhelming distress but always needs assistance to follow a familiar journey for physical, sensory & cognitive impairments..
Any advice welcome.. Thankyou..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144033 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fit more than 1 descriptor..

feelingdesperate wrote: Hi..
Please can you advise me.. We have been using your guide to Pip & understand that only 1 descriptor will be used even if you fit many & it will be the highest that you meet.. Do we still tick all that apply & explain why or are we meant to choose the highest that applies & ignore the others?
Eg. Uses an aid to bathe, needs supervision & assistance but mostly needs to be washed.. Another eg. Can very rarely go out due to overwhelming distress but always needs assistance to follow a familiar journey for physical, sensory & cognitive impairments..
Any advice welcome.. Thankyou..

I would include content for any that you believe that you meet although I would reverse the order so that the highest that you meet is first and include the rest in descending order of points.

Many of the PIP sub-descriptors look at different criteria from the others in the activity, a good example of this is the Going Out activity where it looks at;

- the claimant planning a route
- the claimant following an unfamiliar journey, and
- the claimant following a familiar journey

Where the sub-descriptors are simply an escalating scale of the same activity there is no need to cover every entry, an example of this would be the Moving Around activity which looks at your ability to stand and walk over reducing distances.

Don't forget that all activities must be done reliably and for the majority of days not to score points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.