× Members

PIP medical with Atos help!

More
8 years 5 months ago #144142 by tabby026
PIP medical with Atos help! was created by tabby026
Hi I have to go for a PIP medical with Atos on Monday 30th November. I am really scared. I have spastic diplegia cp, but also suffer with general anxiety disorder and depression.

Will Atos give me a physical medical examination in relation to my cerebral palsy?

I have also read something about a mental functional assessment. What is this?

I am getting so stressed about it. My mum is coming with me, would it also be ok to take some bullet point notes? or will this go against me?

Have just looked at the example medical form they use, on here and it looks terrifying. If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144147 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP medical with Atos help!

tabby026 wrote: Hi I have to go for a PIP medical with Atos on Monday 30th November. I am really scared. I have spastic diplegia cp, but also suffer with general anxiety disorder and depression.

Will Atos give me a physical medical examination in relation to my cerebral palsy?

I have also read something about a mental functional assessment. What is this?

I am getting so stressed about it. My mum is coming with me, would it also be ok to take some bullet point notes? or will this go against me?

Have just looked at the example medical form they use, on here and it looks terrifying. If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

If their is a physical examination then it will be pretty basic, moving your limbs, maybe a simple examination of your arm and leg joints through your clothing.

The mental function test is not always performed, again it is very basic, can you remember some words and can you count backwards from 100 in 7s.

If you have a look at the PIP Claim guide then there is a section at the back that covers the assessment process and has a list of the questions that you are likely to be asked.

It is OK to have a crib sheet, but you should explain at the beginning of the interview why you need one and if possible, try to only refer to it when you really need to.

Best of luck for the day.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tabby026

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144229 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP medical with Atos help!
I hink it would be perfectly acceptable to take a copy of your completed claim with you to refer to when they ask you questions, espcially if you did not fill it all in yourself.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by foss27.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.