× Members

Atos medicals

• bubbles
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144154 by bubbles
Atos medicals was created by bubbles
Hi,

I have been reading through the forum regarding assessments with Atos in regard to what to expect. But I was wondering with the physical examination that they do with relation to moving limbs, etc, is this done clothed or do they ever ask claimants to remove clothing?

I hope this isn't a silly question, but if a claimant is putting on their form that they require help with dressing, will they try to entrap you in this way?

Thanks everyone and keep up the good work.

Just an update on my journey, I have waited there weeks to find out what is happening after being unable to attend my assessment and them not being able to offer an appointment and after waiting a week for a call back, I had one from them today, not convinced it was a case manager, but all he said was we will book you another appointment. He had no.idea when or how long and didn't seen to care about my reasons for not attending, after I have stressed the last there weeks about them accepting the reasons, this whole process is belittling, humiliating and to say the least demoralising!!!

So awaiting the appointment now, just in time for Christmas!!

Best wishes B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144155 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Atos medicals
bubbles

They may ask you to remove some outer clothing, a jacket, maybe your shoes, depending on your conditions, you can refuse or ask for assistance in doing this if your conditions would mean that you would have problems with doing this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bubbles

More
8 years 5 months ago #144161 by 1100db
Replied by 1100db on topic Atos medicals
[quote="bubbles
" post=144154]Hi,

I have been reading through the forum regarding assessments with Atos in regard to what to expect. But I was wondering with the physical examination that they do with relation to moving limbs, etc, is this done clothed or do they ever ask claimants to remove clothing?

I hope this isn't a silly question, but if a claimant is putting on their form that they require help with dressing, will they try to entrap you in this way?

Thanks everyone and keep up the good work.

Just an update on my journey, I have waited there weeks to find out what is happening after being unable to attend my assessment and them not being able to offer an appointment and after waiting a week for a call back, I had one from them today, not convinced it was a case manager, but all he said was we will book you another appointment. He had no.idea when or how long and didn't seen to care about my reasons for not attending, after I have stressed the last there weeks about them accepting the reasons, this whole process is belittling, humiliating and to say the least demoralising!!!

So awaiting the appointment now, just in time for Christmas!!

Best wishes B[/quote]

Hi bubbles,can't remember if i read it somewhere or saw a programme about the pysical examination relating to needing help with dressing yourself,for example they ask you to touch your toes,put both hands on top of your head,touch your hands behind your back.
It shows if you have movement enough to put trousers or a skirt on,a coat or a top etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bubbles

• bubbles
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144180 by bubbles
Replied by bubbles on topic Atos medicals
Thank you 1100db, I thought that was the case, but I just wanted to check as I am going to politely tell them that I can't do something if I am unable rather than try, as I refuse to be intimidated by them, but also don't want to give them any reason to say I am not cooperating, but I am too polite for my own good sometimes and wanted to make sure I won't need to undress

:laugh:

• bubbles
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144182 by bubbles
Replied by bubbles on topic Atos medicals
Thanks again for your help Gordon :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.