× Members

Fear of Sectioning

More
8 years 5 months ago #144164 by petrocelli
Fear of Sectioning was created by petrocelli
:woohoo:
Hi all

On reading the B&W NEWS I’ve suddenly begun to wonder if those with Diagnosed Mental Health Conditions fail to declare any suicidal thoughts they may have on their ESA 50s for fear of Sectioning.

So, my question based on the above is, whether the DWP themselves have/would have the powers/facilities to have a client sectioned?

If the answer to the above is no, maybe more Mental Health Claimants’ would be MORE detailed/honest on their forms, which surely, can only help themselves and, sometimes, heaven forbid, retrospectively help others’?

I’ve purposely tried to choose my words carefully and be as diplomatic as possible!

Many thanks

P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144173 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Fear of Sectioning
This is a difficult subject to discuss on a forum.

The short answer is I don't know. I don't think it would occur to an assessor to try to get someone sectioned unless they were attacked and the attacker was deemed not in control of their actions at the time. Obviously this probably wouldn't be down to the assessor as they would call the police and have them arrested. The decision to section would then be passed to another authority.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.