× Members

Benefits review from local compliance office

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144236 by Julie
I received a letter from DWP asking for a meeting for benefits review. It had Local Service Compliance on the address. I had a meeting this time last year with a compliance officer
who wanted to know about mums bank account of which i am a signatory and of then she
lived in Spain. She moved back to UK in June this year and there has been a lot of activity on
that account as she gets confused and i have to take control. I am not sure if this is the same department as the compliance officer last year. All seemed ok when i explained the situation
to her. My ESA was stopped in October as the total income which my partner was earning was
£150.89 per week which is more than the amount the government allowance is. Do you think
i should cancel or attend. I am extremely worried and this is adding to the medical problems
i have. Many thanks
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144244 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Benefits review from local compliance office
Hi Julie,

I'm afraid that these compliance interviews are mandatory, if you do not attend ypou run the real risk of losing your benefit.

Sometimes these are truly random but they can also arise from someone reporting the claimant to DWP. Whatever the reason, if things are in order you should be OK.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.