× Members

ESA Support Group Letter

• Cudds7
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144237 by Cudds7
ESA Support Group Letter was created by Cudds7
I received the brown envelope on Saturday after sending in completed ESA50 renewal form. It says I am still in Support Group but no mention of how long for. I am wondering if this actually is award letter as it has only been four weeks since form went in? It gives all the amounts of payment and if I want to appeal etc. Will I receive another letter with length of award? Thankyou!
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144245 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Support Group Letter
Hi Cudds,

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site(please forgive me if you are not!) the following link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The fact that your letter tells you what to do if you disagree with the decision leads me to believe that it is your decision letter.The ESA award is actually open-ended although it can be reviewed at any stage once 3 months have elapsed since the decision. This does not form part of the decision. For this reason claimants are not routinely notified when to expect reassessment but you can find out by asking DWP for the 'prognosis', you can also request a copy of all the paperwork associated with your claim. Whether or not you had a face2face assessment, the information in this link will be relevant.

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

If you have any further questions please reply to this message and we will do our best to help :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.