× Members

Pip medical

More
8 years 5 months ago #144239 by Honeydew
Pip medical was created by Honeydew
Hi I had an assesment a few days ago. Iam not holding much hope out . It took 2 hours first the assessor took me to the furthest room although we walked past 2 rooms that were unoccupied. By the time I got to the room I was breathless and in agony. All they had was a piece of paper with my conditions scribbled on it. They couldn't examine me properly due to pain as couldn't get off chair. I couldn't put hands behind back nor touch my toes. Then they went to the corner of room and shouted something and asked what I heard. ( I wear a hearing aid ) I said if I didn't have aid in I wouldn t have heard them. They were asking me about conditions but whenever I would talk it was like she was shushing me as she couldn't type quick enough. So I honestly feel half of the important stuff she didn't even touch on. I feel Iam gonna have an uphill struggle to get anything. May I ask do the dwp make up their own mind or go with the assessor ? I just feel I wasn't listened to . :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144242 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Pip medical
I think until you are given a result for the assessment there is little else you can do.

If you are turned down, and/or disagree with the findings, then you can ask for mandatory reconsideration. If you feel that certain conditions were ignored or misinterpreted then you can query this.

Read through the B&W guidelines again, and reacquaint yourself with your rights to MR and Tribunal, and gather your medical proofs together and present them when and where needed.

It's very difficult to wait, and extremely upsetting when you feel you have been misunderstood or misrepresented. Hang on as best you can until you know for sure what the next step is to be, then contact us again. Good luck for now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.