× Members

What happens to paperwork sent to DWP?

More
8 years 5 months ago #144248 by little effie
What happens to paperwork sent to DWP? was created by little effie
Hi all,
I spoke to lady re PIP on Friday regards sending new information received to add to my application sent in and whether it would be sent onto Capita in time and if the rest had been sent onto Capita already . She told me to send it in as it will be scanned in and no paperwork actually gets sent it just gets scanned in and then destroyed. They send notification to assessors and then it all gets looked at online with nothing actually being sent anywhere. Is that correct? Does it all get shredded/destroyed ? I may sound silly but honesty thought the actual paperwork was looked at or at least kept for awhile. If what they say is correct why don't they just send all of it back to us?
Any answers appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144277 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What happens to paperwork sent to DWP?

steffi wrote: Hi all,
I spoke to lady re PIP on Friday regards sending new information received to add to my application sent in and whether it would be sent onto Capita in time and if the rest had been sent onto Capita already . She told me to send it in as it will be scanned in and no paperwork actually gets sent it just gets scanned in and then destroyed. They send notification to assessors and then it all gets looked at online with nothing actually being sent anywhere. Is that correct? Does it all get shredded/destroyed ? I may sound silly but honesty thought the actual paperwork was looked at or at least kept for awhile. If what they say is correct why don't they just send all of it back to us?
Any answers appreciated

The DWP have an on-going project to scan documents onto their computer systems when they are received at the mail handling sites, however, as far as I am aware they do not then destroy the paper documents after scanning. As an example the ESA55 is a physical file that is passed between the DWP and Maximus and back for ESA assessments and I'm not sure that the Assessment Providers for PIP have access to the DWP systems to read information stored there.

Gordon

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #144286 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic What happens to paperwork sent to DWP?
Hi Gordon
Would it be worth sending PIP2 duplicate documents and form to ATOS if they're your assessors, and if yes, how would one do this, where could duplicates be sent?
Cheers, Pen.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144307 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What happens to paperwork sent to DWP?

penthesili wrote: Hi Gordon
Would it be worth sending PIP2 duplicate documents and form to ATOS if they're your assessors, and if yes, how would one do this, where could duplicates be sent?
Cheers, Pen.

I don't think there is any reason to send duplicate documents to the Assessment Provider, the DWP will have provided them with the originals or copies of the information you have submitted, if they didn't then the APs wouldn't be able to carry out any assessments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #144318 by little effie
Replied by little effie on topic What happens to paperwork sent to DWP?
Thanks Gordon
I didn't know whether to believe her or not but she insisted that nothing actually gets sent and the assessors just look at all information on their screens so wondered if you or anyone has actually seen any of their form and paperwork evidence at assessments as my last pip assessment was done at home and the assessor only had thei laptop with them.I hope it isn't correct as having done all the extra work to add info would hate to think some might be missed scanning in and no way to prove it especially when others have written that their assessors didn't seem to have read or know what had been sent in. Hopefully someone on here can say they have seen their form, letters and evidence at their assessment to prove what the woman on phone said to me was wrong.
Thanks again

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.