× Members

health professionals opinion on my medical assess

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #144261 by tiff
Hi All
I have just recevied a copy of the health professionals opinion on my medical assessment. The H.P. says that I walked 150yds to get to the assessment room from my sisters car (who went with me.) having to stop twice. TOTALY WRONG
I walked approx 30 to 40 yds @ the very most and YES I did have to stop twice.
The HP. says I was able to complete 5 rounds of "serial sevens "
( tests concentration , memory and thinking ) I was NOT asked do any.
Able to calculate correct change when asked a sum. I was NOT asked any sums.
Able to follow three stage commands ( tests concentration, memory and thinking. I was NOT asked any.
Able to spell , world ,backwards I was NOT asked to spell any words @ all.
Able to remember three objects first time. I was NOT asked to remember anything.
In the assessment of my health I was NOT given any tests at all to tell how my health issuses were effecting my life.
The 1st thing the H.P. asked me was I better or worst then I was ' my previous assessment 1 year ago. I said I was a lot worst the H.P. then said you are getting the Standard Rate of payment for Daily Living component for P.I.P and you wont get to the Enhanced rate. TO GET TO ENHANCED RATE YOU HAVE GOT TO HAVE NO LEGS ???????
I then asked about the Mobility component @ which I was told you wont get the Enhanced rate TO GET TO THE ENHANCED RATE YOU HAVE TO BE IN A WHEELCHAIR. I then told the H.P. that I can hardly walk @ all and push myself every day with the pain so I dont have to rely on a wheelchair I said I cant use public transport @ all and when I use a taxi I have to ask for a car with high back seats so I can get in and out. I was told by the H.P. that we could go and they will get any imformation they need from my form I sent in. The full assessment on my health issuses had taken 20 minites in total.
Please can you HELP me
I have appealed and I am waiting for a date
I live in Leeds and have tried to get HELP but cant find out who from.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #144287 by slugsta
Hi tiff,

That sounds like a total shambles!

You say that you have appealed against the decision. Have you been through the Mandatory Reconsideration process? You must do this before you are allowed to appeal.

Try not to get too bogged down with arguing against every incorrect statement in the report -if you were to discredit the assessment the best you could hope for would be another assessment. Your MR request and appeal, if it goes that far, must point out which of the PIP descriptors you meet and why, this is the only way you will be awarded PIP.

This is all covered in our PIP guides

PIP help for claimants

It is becoming increasingly difficult to find help for this sort of thing. However, you could start by doing an internet search for 'welfare advice' and your postcode/area. If the condition from which you suffer has a representative organisation, that might offer some help.

If/when you have further questions please reply to this message.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 10 months ago #144320 by tabby026
Was your medical with Atos? Sounds terrible. I hope you get things sorted. It is awful that they are doing this to people who are already ill.

More
8 years 10 months ago #144336 by Anibas
Shocking! This makes me even more convinced that we should be recording these assessments. The assessor in our case told lies on her report too, it beggars belief!

More
8 years 10 months ago #144339 by bonesticks
Replied by bonesticks on topic health professionals opinion on my medical assess
brace yourself for a struggle - the advice you find here will be helpful - it will take time and energy - it will be draining and you will probably feel like giving up quite often

stick at it - be good to yourself, stop for treats and rewards

you can make some of your own Good Luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anibas

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.