× Members

Subject Access Request ?

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144273 by pingusolid
Subject Access Request ? was created by pingusolid
Good afternoon,
after my last ESA50 was completed in 2013 I was placed in support group, but I forgot to ask for the ESA85A and any other forms that they used to make decision with. My memory is damaged due to a brain injury.

I'm scared of asking them for paperwork so try to keep away from it, although they did tell me that next assessment is pegged for 2017, which will probably be a year or so earlier.

It was Atos who the ESA50 was sent to in 2013.

-Can i still get all the forms, ESA85A, ESA113 etc ?
-Who do I ask, DWP, or Atos or the new company ?
-Can I make a SAR for all paperwork concerning ESA ?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144300 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Subject Access Request ?
AW

If the documents you want are from 2013 then there is a chance that they have now been destroyed, if they still exist then they will certainly be in offsite storage and can only be retrieved by a Subject Access Request to the DWP. See

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Just list the documents you want copies of and the dates that they would have been available.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• apricot
8 years 5 months ago #144310 by apricot
Replied by apricot on topic Subject Access Request ?
Hi AW,
If you ring the DWP call centre and ask for the ESA 85 for 2013 you may get it quite easily. They sent me my 2013 one when I asked for the 2015 one. It was just one sheet of paper. The call centre people can be quite nice and helpful. But persist with calls and write if you don't get what you want.

I tried to get everything. Then I got a letter saying that all the IB things have been destroyed, and at the same time as they sent my last IB HCP report.
I suspect that if I put in a SAR, I might get more.
What I wanted but haven't received is the DM report from
What I don't like is that they kee[ saying the DWP staff will have to ring you back.
Best wishes.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150969 by pingusolid
Replied by pingusolid on topic Subject Access Request ?
Hello, I finally remembered to send the SAR request on 6 Jan, 2nd class not registered. (whoops)

Does the 40 days turnaround start the day they receive it and does that mean work days mon - fri only ? Or does it mean 40 days including weekends ?

More
8 years 2 months ago #150983 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Subject Access Request ?

AW wrote: Hello, I finally remembered to send the SAR request on 6 Jan, 2nd class not registered. (whoops)

Does the 40 days turnaround start the day they receive it and does that mean work days mon - fri only ? Or does it mean 40 days including weekends ?

It's 40 calendar days (this includes weekends) from the date that the relevant DWP department receives the request.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #150988 by Rh
Replied by Rh on topic Subject Access Request ?
I put in a SAR request for ESA papers, papers finally turned up late with a letter of apology. Not much there to look at apart from what points I got and half the form my gp filled out missing

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.