× Members

Will not applying for PIP be counted against me?

• Julian
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144324 by Julian
Hi!
I was awarded DLA in 2009 for two years, then in 2011 for five years.
Now I've been asked to re-apply, and my condition (mental health) has improved a fair bit.
I'm thinking of simply not re-applying (I find the whole process stressful and depressing), and I don't need the support right now.
Will it be held against me in the future if I re-apply, that at this point, in 2015, I felt I did not need the support- do assessors compare applications?

Thanks a lot for any ideas on whether I should apply to keep in the system, or simply apply again when I need to?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144337 by slugsta
Hi Julian and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site this link should help you to find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

If you do not apply for PIP in the time frame given your DLA will be suspended and you will be sent a reminder. If you still do not apply your DLA will be stopped. Other than this, there will be no repercussions and should not have any effect if you decide to reclaim in future.

Please do not make duplicate posts. there will always be a delay before you see any post published as every one is pre-moderated to help keep this site safe. How long your posts take to appear will depend on when it is posted, how many (voluntary) moderators are on-line and how busy we are. This will help explain how the forum operates :)

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...0&id=106003&start=36

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julian

• Julian
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144369 by Julian
Many thanks for the quick reply.
Sorry I posted twice- I got confused.
All the best

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.