× Members

Changes

More
8 years 5 months ago #144375 by Tiriam
Changes was created by Tiriam
I'm really worried that I will after ESA & PIP reassessment I will not be kept in the ESA support group &/or lose my enhanced mobility. I am so worried about the changes that I feel living is not worthwhile. I'm on loads of medication for arthritis & depression. I hate going out alone ..in fact I hate going out.
What are the chances of me losing ESA & all PIP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144384 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Changes

Tiriam wrote: I'm really worried that I will after ESA & PIP reassessment I will not be kept in the ESA support group &/or lose my enhanced mobility. I am so worried about the changes that I feel living is not worthwhile. I'm on loads of medication for arthritis & depression. I hate going out alone ..in fact I hate going out.
What are the chances of me losing ESA & all PIP?

Hi T,

I have just read your previous posts, : Here and Here.

As you will see from This Post the national rollout for the transfer from DLA to PIP is now underway for all DLA recipients who were under 65 years old on 08/04/13.

These are being carried out at random, and you could be invited at any time over the next 2-3 year period.

As Gordon has already advised, the best that you can do is read up and prepare as much as possible, as the PIP qualifying criteria is much different to that of DLA.

See : Personal independence payment (PIP) points scoring system.

PIP Self Test

&

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

ESA and PIP are two separate benefits with different qualifying criteria so it does not mean that you would lose your ESA simply because you may not gain a PIP Award.

Any way, your ESA SG Award cannot be altered before you have gone through a full ESA (WCA) Assessment.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.