× Members

ESA and Housing Benefit

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144379 by Maddy2014
ESA and Housing Benefit was created by Maddy2014
Hi, I am receiving ESA contribution based (support group). Do Housing Benefit take all, some or none of this? Thanks, trying to get to the bottom of my HB letter!
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago #144385 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA and Housing Benefit

Maddy2014 wrote: Hi, I am receiving ESA contribution based (support group). Do Housing Benefit take all, some or none of this? Thanks, trying to get to the bottom of my HB letter!

Hi M2014,

I am afraid that we do not advise on HB !!

However, Contribution Based (CB) ESA will be taken into account as Household Income for the purposes of assessing your entitlement to HB.

Being paid CB ESA may still entitle you to some HB, whereas receipt of Income Related (IR) ESA in part or in whole, (even a penny) entitles you to your full HB entitlement.

As your local LA/Council administers HB, you could try visiting their website, or contacting them for further information.

You could also try putting Welfare Rights/Advice into Google for your Town/Postcode.

See HB Shelter and How HB is Calculated. Shelter.

These : Benefits Calculators. may help further.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.