× Members

worried assessemtn tod;ay

More
8 years 6 months ago #144415 by Jaenor
worried assessemtn tod;ay was created by Jaenor
I had my .... oh, god, I don't even know wha ti was for so distressd I can't even type i keep trying to log in and even thou I'm loged in It says i'm not.

i had interview today the doctor never asked about mental helth at ALL my fri9end who took me said interview didn't tak long at all... i was ther about 15 minuts and now am really worried... and can't ge thiw site to wrk... sorry very distr3essed now.

scared.... sorry, going into meldown.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #144425 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic worried assessemtn tod;ay
Hi

Please don't go into meltdown yet.

We don't even know what you are going into meltdown for. What questions did the doctor actually ask? Is it PIP or ESA? I hope you can take some time to relax and destress yourself.
We cannot offer any advice until you can explain a little more detail.
The time the meeting takes need not be of any significance in itself.

More
8 years 6 months ago #144439 by Jaenor
Replied by Jaenor on topic worried assessemtn tod;ay
Sorry, sorry. Got strange text from gp office at same time i was trying to typ here... did not understand and got upset. receptionist saad they are sending out to everyone, and I then couldn't log in.

Had assessment for Esa... took everything recommended here- all records, things from counsellors, Priory, ect..... plus physicical things, MRi copies... he never looked at them. I was in the interview about 10-15 minutes. My friend who took me was surprised at how quick I was. I even asked the doctor if he wanted to see my papers, he said no, he had enough to go on.

I know I shouldn't worry but i do- not sure what o expect now. don't think I can face a n appeal or tribunal . Mind helped me to fill out forn, but they dind't have anyone wyho could go to the interview withjme.

when i panic I can't think properly.

thanks to everyone who has replied soryy if this doesn't make any sense.

More
8 years 6 months ago #144440 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic worried assessemtn tod;ay
elnoren

We've long go given up trying to second guess how an assessment has gone, we've had members report that the assessment could not have gone any better only to receive no award and others report that it had been a disaster and receive a top award.

Some positives to try and take away from the day;

- It's over and there is nothing more you can do about it so try and place it in the past and move forward, I know that is easier said than done but try not to dwell on what ifs.

- Your assessment appears to have been done by a doctor, this is unusual as the majority of assessors have lower qualifications, it means that Maximus understood that you have serious problems and assigned the right person to look at your problems.

- Although a short assessment may be a negative it could also be a positive. There's really no reason for the assessor to deceive you, so if they said they had everything they needed in order to make a recommendation then that is likely to be the case

- Your form was completed by a professional, that should mean that they have a good understanding of what the ESA criteria are and how to take a claimants limitations and explain them in context. Someone with a poor track record of winning won't be allowed to help people.

A decision should take no more than a couple of weeks and may be a lot quicker.

Get one of your favourite films out and try and have a quite evening chilling and taking your mind off today.

If you feel up to it, let us know how you get on.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #144679 by Jaenor
Replied by Jaenor on topic worried assessemtn tod;ay
Thanks for the replies and encouragement, Gordon and Foss.... when I get a panic attack I go into meltdown and can't think rationally or coherently- it's like my mind stutters, that's the only way I can describe it.

I know I mustn't let it get me down, but the interview was rather strange- I was in there such a short time, and when he didn't ask about any of my mental health problems I just thought it meant that they were going to be discounted altogether.

They did contact my GP before the assessment- she told me that they did, and that she sent them a letter in return. I have no idea what she said, but I do know that she is annoyed with them- she said that they'd been harassing a couple of her patients who are even on chemo. She told me that "hopefully I've got them off your back", so she must have really let them have it! I hope so.

Anyway, will keep you informed as to when the dreaded brown envelope appears. :blink: :blink:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.