× Members

capit assessment - suitability of medical evidence

More
8 years 5 months ago #144519 by cossack
So sorry to post again after saying I was not going to panic about my upcoming assessment on the 26th Nov, but need some advice re my neurologist's notes.

I've just received them and in one letter dated 9th Oct 2014, he states " Prior to her MS relapse she may have been managing 20 metres with bilateral assistance but afterwards this was worse. She walks currently about 8-9 metres at maximum with furniture".

Given that the DWP are a law unto themselves, would this be evidence that I walk less than 20 metres and meet their criteria for enhanced mobility? 12 months later I'm confined to a wheelchair.

I feel so unconfident about the whole process. Advice much appreciated. I suffer from secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144535 by Gordon

cossack wrote: So sorry to post again after saying I was not going to panic about my upcoming assessment on the 26th Nov, but need some advice re my neurologist's notes.

I've just received them and in one letter dated 9th Oct 2014, he states " Prior to her MS relapse she may have been managing 20 metres with bilateral assistance but afterwards this was worse. She walks currently about 8-9 metres at maximum with furniture".

Given that the DWP are a law unto themselves, would this be evidence that I walk less than 20 metres and meet their criteria for enhanced mobility? 12 months later I'm confined to a wheelchair.

I feel so unconfident about the whole process. Advice much appreciated. I suffer from secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. Thanks in advance.

I think it is a good piece of evidence but don't assume that either the assessor or the DWP Decision Maker will understand what "progressive" means, you need to make it very clear by describing your current walking problems that this letter is still applicable.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #144548 by cossack
Thank you so much for your quick response. Very re-assuring, and yes I'll explain how things have progressed. Will update B and W in time

• Lynsey
8 years 5 months ago #144625 by Lynsey
Good luck x

I think it sounds positive

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.