× Members

Facebook

More
8 years 6 months ago #144542 by ELEANOR
Facebook was created by ELEANOR
I had my PIP F2F assessment on November 10. I was so concerned, having read about a claimant who had lost his appeal after saying he didn't spend much time on Facebook, only to have a tribunal panel member check his page, that I deactivated my account. I thought I would wait until I heard the result but it may take 6-8 weeks. I am housebound most of the time and feel very isolated so I miss chatting with FB friends. Is it safe to reactivate my account?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #144549 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Facebook

irisheyes wrote: I had my PIP F2F assessment on November 10. I was so concerned, having read about a claimant who had lost his appeal after saying he didn't spend much time on Facebook, only to have a tribunal panel member check his page, that I deactivated my account. I thought I would wait until I heard the result but it may take 6-8 weeks. I am housebound most of the time and feel very isolated so I miss chatting with FB friends. Is it safe to reactivate my account?

I don't see why not.

This was a news item and as a consequence lacked detail, whilst the issue of FB was raised it was not clear how much or even whether it impacted on the Decision that was made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ELEANOR

More
8 years 6 months ago #144551 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic Facebook
I was extensively quizzed about support/social groups that I may be a member of and when I looked blank, Fb was mentioned as an example.

There is no need to deactivate your FB account, change your name, you can only do it once every 60 days and make sure you have all your privacy settings in place. No public unless you want to make it so.

I understand your concern.

More
8 years 6 months ago #144564 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic Facebook
I changed my name but didn't understand till a friend told me that, when anyone looks me up, they see my page with my real name in brackets after the new name. I'll go back now.

More
8 years 6 months ago #144629 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic Facebook
In privacy you can ask it not to show you on a google search. I don't have my real name in brackets, that is only if you have put another name in, usually a maided name for people to find you.

Check out your privacy settings and make sure you are not searchable. :)

More
8 years 6 months ago #144848 by looneytunes2001
Replied by looneytunes2001 on topic Facebook
Even though one may have their privacy settings set to friends and not public, it could still be see in google listings if you post on public profiles!!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.