× Members

Esa assessment

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144650 by Gazzauk4
Esa assessment was created by Gazzauk4
I'm already on pip standard mobility (20-50 mtrs) and as my ssp has ended am now claiming esa. I'm on the assessment rate and am being sent for an esa assessment which I don't understand as the first question asks how far I can walk and the answer is the same. Is this normal and should I take my pip certificate with me. I'm confused and would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144656 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Esa assessment
Hi Gazza,

You need to be aware that the criteria for claiming PIP and ESA are different, which is why there are 2 separate assessments. In particular, the ESA criteria is for mobility not walking. The assessor is allowed to decide that you could self-propel a wheelchair, even if you do not have one and have never been advised to do so. If you would not be able to self-propel then you must make this clear in order to satisfy the mobility descriptor. With this proviso in mind, it won't hurt to take the PIP letter with you.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gazzauk4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.