× Members

Motability letter - is this a good sign?

More
8 years 4 months ago #144682 by tommotompkins
Motability letter - is this a good sign? was created by tommotompkins
Hi,
On renewal of DLA in February, I was awarded indefinite Lower-Rate Care and Higher-Rate Mobility.
In early October I was told that DLA would be ending on the 28th of the month - so was invited to apply for PIP.
I submitted the form and had a consultation with a disability assessor on Wednesday of this week. The Disability Analyst who saw me said that people were receiving decisions quite quickly at the moment.
Anyhow - this morning's post brought me a curious letter . The red text at the top said:
This letter has been sent to you by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) on behalf of the Motability Scheme. The DWP has not shared your details with the Motability Scheme.
It goes on to say:
Dear Sir or Madam,
Did you know that as you receive the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disabilty Living Allowance, or the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of the Personal Independence Payment, you may be eligible to apply for the Motability Scheme?

It then invites me to send for a full information pack.

Have I the right to hope that this is a sign that a positive decision letter is slightly lagging or have they just failed to delete me from their automated list? :unsure:

I'd be interested to know whether any successful claimants received a a similar Motability letter either just before - or soon after a successful PIP application.

In the past I've had 3 letters all in the same post - the first turning me down flat; the second an award letter notifying me of backdated payments and the third one telling me that they are still considering my case - so you'll forgive me for being a tad confused! :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #144693 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Motability letter - is this a good sign?

Tedley wrote: Hi,
On renewal of DLA in February, I was awarded indefinite Lower-Rate Care and Higher-Rate Mobility.
In early October I was told that DLA would be ending on the 28th of the month - so was invited to apply for PIP.
I submitted the form and had a consultation with a disability assessor on Wednesday of this week. The Disability Analyst who saw me said that people were receiving decisions quite quickly at the moment.
Anyhow - this morning's post brought me a curious letter . The red text at the top said:
This letter has been sent to you by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) on behalf of the Motability Scheme. The DWP has not shared your details with the Motability Scheme.
It goes on to say:
Dear Sir or Madam,
Did you know that as you receive the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disabilty Living Allowance, or the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of the Personal Independence Payment, you may be eligible to apply for the Motability Scheme?

It then invites me to send for a full information pack.

Have I the right to hope that this is a sign that a positive decision letter is slightly lagging or have they just failed to delete me from their automated list? :unsure:

I'd be interested to know whether any successful claimants received a a similar Motability letter either just before - or soon after a successful PIP application.

In the past I've had 3 letters all in the same post - the first turning me down flat; the second an award letter notifying me of backdated payments and the third one telling me that they are still considering my case - so you'll forgive me for being a tad confused! :laugh:

Hi T,

I am afraid that I cannot comment on the "meaning" of the letter as it would be pure speculation.

I cannot recall other members stating that they have received such a letter as a pre-curser to being informed that they have been awarded an Enhanced PIP Mobility Award.

Remember, your existing DLA Awards, including your HR Mobility, will continue to exist until 4 weeks after the date of the new PIP decision, whatever that PIP decision may be.

My best advise would be to ring The PIP Helpline for an update :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Please keep us updated ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 4 months ago #144721 by furrypusscat
Replied by furrypusscat on topic Motability letter - is this a good sign?
Please do not read too much into this letter. I have in the past, at least twice, received the same letter. I have been on HR mobility for a few years now and have never taken the option of the motability scheme but have received the same communication. I do not think it is what you are hoping it to mean. Sorry if this disappoints you. I still hope you do receive PIP at enhanced rate. Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommotompkins

More
8 years 4 months ago #144739 by Annie
Replied by Annie on topic Motability letter - is this a good sign?
I too have just received the same letter. Motability seem to send these out regularly to claimants. I think this is my third or fourth letter.

More
8 years 4 months ago #144745 by tommotompkins
Replied by tommotompkins on topic Motability letter - is this a good sign?
Thank all for the responses.
To be honest, I am rather cynical about it myself - after all - the 'consultation' was only on Wednesday morning!
I just thought it odd because I have only ever received one such communication - and that was with a DLA award letter 4 years ago.
However, I have never even applied for a free tax disc - simply because my husband needed the car for other things - which would not be covered under the conditions of use.

More
8 years 4 months ago #144746 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Motability letter - is this a good sign?
Hiya,

I was on Indefinite award for HR DLA/ Mobility & Care and have been for a number of yrs.
I have a mobility car every three years as per normal.
Every three yrs Mobility contact me for when a new one is due via a letter.
We received our usual letter in September and got our new car the end of October, only to receive an invitation to apply for PIP, THREE weeks ago.

Have completed pt 1 of PIP, and will receive pt 2 next week ( they phoned to tell me it was now in the post).

So as far as I can make out, Mobility, DLA/ PIP do not discuss when one is due for renewal etc with each other and therefore one cannot conclude anything from it.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.