× Members

Rough Turnaround times?

More
8 years 5 months ago #144703 by Zoe
Rough Turnaround times? was created by Zoe
I sent my pip2 application to the dwp a few weeks ago; followed this up with a phone call to check they'd received everything ok. They confirmed everything had been received, scanned onto the system and passed on to atos for assessment.

I've heard nothing from atos yet. no letters, no nothing. I know it's only been a few weeks, but I called them today just to ask about rough turnaround times so I could have an idea of what to expect really. The lady I spoke to said there are no timescales, it's all down to the individual application, whether they have enough medical info on the pip2 to go on or whether they need more information, whether a face to face assessment is needed or not et cetera. She said it could be months before I hear anything from them... I know this may vary from area to area of course, just wondering what people's experiences are at the moment of this? Was under the impression turnaround times for appointments have improved recently..!

Thanks a million!

Zoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144705 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Rough Turnaround times?
Zoe

A lot of our members have reported quick a turn around between submitting the PIP2 and receiving an appointment, but this could be significantly delayed if ATOS have written to your GP for further information, there could also be delays if they are considering offering you a home assessment as ATOS only have a few assessors able to do this.

I would give it another couple of weeks, if you can manage that and give them another call.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #144713 by Zoe
Replied by Zoe on topic Rough Turnaround times?
Hi Gordon and many thanks for reading and replying!

Aaaaah I see! That's very interesting, thanks! They haven't written to anyone for further information (yet at least); they said they have a lot of medical information to get through re what I sent them with the pip2 already. Atos also seemed to be unable to confirm if they had received the doctor's letter asking for a home assessment, even though the was able to confirm it had been received and scanned onto the system. I was under the impression that information is automatically forwarded to them, but am wondering if that's not the case now...!

Of course I can give it another couple of weeks! It'd just be good to have a rough understanding of the timescales, but perhaps such a thing doesn't exist per se! :)

Zoe

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.