× Members

ESA Medical at Plymouth-Allergic Asthma

More
8 years 6 months ago #144708 by MicheleTW
ESA Medical at Plymouth-Allergic Asthma was created by MicheleTW
Hi, I am being processed from SDA to ESA.
I went for my assessment this morning and had an asthma attack in the reception as the window frames had been painted the night before.
So an instant asthma attack, breathless, light headed, started to collapse on the reception desk. My son was with me he said I will not be waiting in an unpainted room that was offered, and took me straight back to his car.
Apparently I will be sent a new appointment but I hope I won't need a medical now.

On the benefit form I had stated my allergic triggers including paint, and how stessed I am over being exposed to anything that could set off my asthma. In the section about an assessment I stated that some environments are wrong for my asthma and this will cause me breathing difficulties.

My son took care of me for a while then took me to my husband's workplace. He had to leave work to take me home to care for me but I suffered another attack on the way and had to be taken to the doctors surgery where I was assessed, put on a nebuliser and prescribed a short course of steroids.
Does anyone have any advice or comments on this experience?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #144711 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Medical at Plymouth-Allergic Asthma
Michele

It sounds awful, I'm afraid you will have to wait and see what happens with another assessment being booked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #144720 by Liz944
Replied by Liz944 on topic ESA Medical at Plymouth-Allergic Asthma
Ask the assessment provider for a home visit in light of your experience today. They will ask you to get a letter from your GP asking for medical reasons why you are unable to attend the centre and wish a home visit. Once the assessment provider has this letter they will advise you if a home visit has been granted or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MicheleTW

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.