× Members

ESA report inconsistent

• Woosiewoo34
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144744 by Woosiewoo34
ESA report inconsistent was created by Woosiewoo34
I received my ESA report today after being refused and only awarded 6 points in the sitting down category. In the report it states that I wrote on my ESA 50 that I could mobilise up to 50 metres. The report stated that "evidence suggests I can mobilise 200 m without any pain and as often as I like". This most definitely isn't the case. PIP awarded me mobility stating I can only walk between 20 & 50. Blue badge stated similar... what evidence have they used? It states in my report my interview room was 17m from reception this is the only distance I was witnessed walking.. can I ask them what on earth the evidence is that I can walk 200?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144750 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA report inconsistent
You need to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, which is the first stage of appealing. You have one month to do this. You can ring immediately and request it but make sure you put it in writing as well.
Its all in our ESA guide to appeal in the members section of the website. Links are down the left hand column of the home page and all subsequent web pages.
You need to put down the info you posted here with your evidence as to why the ESA report is wrong. Work through the report in all the categories you think are wrong in the same way.
Hopefully the MR will change the decision.
If not the guide tells you how to go to the next stage of an independent appeal hearing.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by foss27.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.