× Members

Rescheduling of PIP medical assessment

More
8 years 6 months ago #144774 by marcali
Hello :-)
Received a letter from ATOS yesterday (why do they always send these letters to arrve on a weekend?!) confirming that a medical assessment has been scheduled for me at 9AM at a centre quite a distance from me in London.
It is for Dec 3 - ie just over 10 days from today.
I am kicking myself for not putting on my form that morning appointments are impossible with my conditions. In the past I have always been automatically allocated an afternoon appt with ATOS assessments, so it slipped my mind.
Also this new centre I'm going to is considerable distance from where I live - in the past they have sent me to a much closer ATOS centre.
Will I be able to get both the time AND venue changed?
What do I need to do/say?
Any advice much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #144783 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Rescheduling of PIP medical assessment
Hi
You need to ring straight away and say that the appointment is totally inappropriate and you need one nearer you in the afternoon.

It seems from several posts on the forum that the DWP are sending out these appointments to catch people out. You must challenge it immediately.

More
8 years 6 months ago #144873 by marcali
Replied by marcali on topic Rescheduling of PIP medical assessment
So do I just ask for an afternoon timeslot and to be placed at a centre nearer to where I live? Will they agree to that? I have a horrible feeling they will just say 'no', and that if I don't agree that my benefit will be suspended.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #144881 by foss27
Nobody has had any problem rearranging an inappropriate place so far.

Just ring and ask them to change it. Tell them it is too far, too early.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145291 by marcali
Replied by marcali on topic Rescheduling of PIP medical assessment
thanks, I will phone them today to change.
Do you or anyone have any idea how long it takes to get result after ATOS PIP medical? 1 week? 2 weeks? I am concerned that I may receive a decision from them just before Christmas - and all the depts will be closed down over Christmas/New Year period.
I am scared that with worst case scenario, that I might have to begin a mandatory reconsideration request over the christmas period when everything will be closed.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #145297 by foss27
I'm afraid it is impossible to say how quickly you will get the decision.
Someone posted recently that the decision maker made the decision the same day as the face to face which sounds incredible and is very unusual.
It will probably be 2-4 weeks so may well arrive shortly before Xmas. Howver you have a month to appeal and can request a couple of weeks extension if necessary. The offices will be open on non bank holidays between Xmas and new year and you only need to register your request for MR by ringing and confirming in writing.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris