× Members

Pip claim

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145359 by citymike
Pip claim was created by citymike
I currently have a indefinite DLA award, and am waiting for my invitation to claim Pip.
A friend of mine with a similar DLA award received his initial phone call to claim Plp a few weeks ago followed by the form to complete.
When taking the phone call he was asked if he wished to have any evidence from his original DLA claim to be taken into account, he said yes.
Today he has had a letter from DWP saying they have traced his original claim and that the evidence supplied is now out of date and that any changes or new problems since should have been reported at the time.
I am now worried as since my original claim in 1998 I have had several new diagnosis but as I felt they would not affect the award I had been given (low rate care high rate mob) I did not notify DWP.
Do you think when my turn comes and I send in evidence of new illness it will go against me.
Thanks CM
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145365 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip claim
Hi cm,

As you say, claimants are supposed to notify DWP of any change in circumstance but we usually advise this to be done only if it is likely to change the rate of benefit you are awarded.

You do not have to say 'Yes' when asked whether you want to refer to your old paperwork, it might be better not to if you think it might not be in your favour. Then you can present your claim in your own way and submit evidence in support.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #145368 by citymike
Replied by citymike on topic Pip claim
Thanks Mrs H
I think I will say no and lay out my problems from day one and supply relevant evidence for each problem as and when it occurred.
CM

More
8 years 4 months ago #145604 by Fizgog1
Replied by Fizgog1 on topic Pip claim
Like you citymike I've also had a few more diagnosis since my original claim and not reported them for the same reason as yourself. This is one for the 'mods' - If you decline evidence from the original claim being considered would only the evidence from the new claim then be considered??
Like citymike, I am also concerned and although I would struggle financially I'm beginning to wonder if this process is 'worth it.'
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #145619 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip claim

Fizgog1 wrote: Like you citymike I've also had a few more diagnosis since my original claim and not reported them for the same reason as yourself. This is one for the 'mods' - If you decline evidence from the original claim being considered would only the evidence from the new claim then be considered??
Like citymike, I am also concerned and although I would struggle financially I'm beginning to wonder if this process is 'worth it.'

It is our recommendation not to rely on "old" evidence from a previous claim, many members have found that the information has been destroyed and even where it has not, there is no legal requirement for those assessing you to refer to it.

If you want evidence, old or new, to be considered then our recommendation is to include it with your PIP2 form. that way you know they will see it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145627 by Fizgog1
Replied by Fizgog1 on topic Pip claim
Thanks Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.